Senior Manager, Tech Chief of Staff Team
West Creek 4 (12074), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager, Tech Chief of Staff Team
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation's top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Our goal is to create one of the nation's great banks, and we have the necessary ingredients: a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, a massive customer franchise, strong analytical capabilities, and great people. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company - and a great place to work.
The Tech Chief of Staff office serves to support the 8,600+ associate Tech organization, partnering with our CIO and the Tech Senior Leadership Team (SLT) to enable our transformation journey. We develop and deliver high-impact programs that enable business objectives, transformation goals and change management efforts. As a team, we engage on solving complex problems, conducting and coordinating analysis to support the organization's strategic imperatives. We regularly influence and integrate multiple work streams, serving to act as a hub of information across Tech in partnership with divisional Chief of Staff teams and stakeholder teams. We are critically focused on meeting the needs of the organization through exceptional responsiveness, quality insights and rapid delivery.
As a Senior Manager, Tech Chief of Staff team, you will engage on development and execution of our Tech Labor Strategy efforts, building a project plan, coordinating across teams to deliver meaningful insights and high-quality analysis and supporting materials. This role will partner directly with Risk and Regulatory teams to coordinate materials and responses on behalf of the Tech organization. You will be involved with a range of highly visible horizontal projects, identifying areas of potential opportunity, building program structure and supporting the execution of meaningful work. The ideal candidate is flexible and fungible, ready to engage on the highest leverage work, wherever needed. You enjoy a fast paced, never-the-same-day-twice environment where you can leverage a broad set of skills, growing in new areas on a daily basis.
- Labor Strategy
- Partners with divisional Chief of Staff offices and People Analytics teams to deliver monthly labor strategy materials
- Leads non-associate labor reporting effort, engaging with divisional Chief of Staff teams on regular reporting and system enhancements
- Coordinates deliverables, applies quality control and manages socialization process
- Develops insights to help drive innovation in reporting, tracking progress and effectiveness
- Risk and Regulatory
- Partners with Enterprise Services Business Risk Office and divisional Chief of Staff teams and stakeholders to collect and quality control materials for quarterly updates
- Responds to ad hoc data and information requests related to Risk and Compliance activity
- Horizontal project support
- Coordinates delivery of materials to support senior leader requests
- Engages on ad hoc initiatives, driving work forward across team and stakeholder groups
- Supports identification of areas of opportunity, helping to distill big picture issues into tactical requirements and implementation plans
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 8 years of Project Management experience
- At least 1 year of People Management experience
- Masters Degree or MBA degree
- At least 10 years of Project Management experience
- At least 3 years of People Management experience
- PMP, Lean, Agile or Six Sigma certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top