Senior Manager, Supplier Management
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager, Supplier Management
Level: Senior Manager
A Senior Manager, Supplier Management is responsible for the holistic relationship between Capital One and assigned spend categories or material third party relationships, to ensure a stable and efficient supply chain. This position is responsible for key cost management, risk management, and performance management related tasks for each of their assigned third party relationships. Specific spend category or third party relationship responsibilities will be assigned to each Senior Manager, Supplier Management based upon the needs of a particular Business Unit or Staff function. Depending upon organizational needs, Senior Manager, Supplier Management roles may be embedded in operations or horizontal support groups, or they may be consolidated in centralized third party management-like functions. A Senior Manager, Supplier Management is accountable for ensuring that all Corporate or Business Unit level policies and procedures are adhered to and for ensuring that appropriate documentation exists for all of their assigned third party relationships. A Senior Manager, Supplier Management is expected to work in a collaborative environment with internal customers, as well as with other appropriate stakeholder groups within Capital One.
• Lead and develop a team of supplier managers across one or more spend categories
• Lead executive level conversations with assigned third party relationships
• Deliver year over year cost savings in assigned spend categories or with managed third party relationships
• Lead development and execution of category/supplier strategies
• Partner with internal budget owners to deliver against operating or marketing budgets
• Partner with appropriate stakeholders on negotiations for all managed third party relationships
• Accountable for proper invoice review, reconciliation and payment
• Assist in development of, and monitor, SLA's for material third party relationships
• Resolve performance related issues/escalations with third parties
• Produce regular performance related reporting for internal stakeholders
• Manage on-boarding/off-boarding of third parties
• Proactively identify and mitigate category risks.
• Synthesize risk and performance related data into a holistic assessment of assigned third parties
• Accountable for TPM policy requirements for all managed third party relationships
• Accountable for category or third party-related audits
• Partner with internal risk groups to ensure third party relationships are compliant with all relevant requirements
• Partner with appropriate stakeholders on sourcing activities which impact managed third party relationships
• Maintain constant awareness of external marketplace as it relates to third parties and/or relevant internal capabilities
• Identify mutually beneficial opportunities with third parties
• Travel to various third party sites and corporate locations when required.
• Additional duties as assigned
• Bachelors Degree in Business
• At least 7 years of experience in Risk management
• At least 7 years of experience in Outsourcing and procurement
• At least 7 years of experience in Conceptualizing and structuring complex business transactions
• At least 7 years of experience in Complex commercial transaction negotiations
• At least 7 years of experience in Communications, presentations, and writing
• Masters Degree in Business Administration (MBA) or Juris Doctorate
• At least 10 years of experience in Risk management
• At least 10 years of experience in Outsourcing and procurement
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top