Senior Manager - Strategic CTI
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager - Strategic CTI
Capital One's Cyber Threat Intelligence team is seeking an experienced and motivated analyst proficient in delivering strategic and tactical intelligence products to diverse audiences. This role requires an analyst with strong experience in conceptualizing and delivering reliable and actionable products to executive management and tactical operators. Applicants should have a strong background serving as a threat intelligence analyst with experience in law enforcement, military, government or the private sector. The role will require a confident and assertive decision maker with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with excellent interpersonal and communication abilities.
The analyst will be based in McLean, VA and will be expected to perform the following functions:
- Serve as strategic analyst responsible for delivering finished intelligence products to management and Capital lines of business (LOB) partners that require little to no editing
- Initiate innovative and appropriate research for finished intelligence products concerning strategic and tactical cyber threats and opportunities
- Deliver briefs to senior leadership and LOB partners on current cyber threats
- Contribute to periodic and ad hoc products requested by management and LOB partners
- Manage intelligence requirements reviews and reporting metrics
- Assume ownership of assigned job responsibilities and projects
- Build and maintain collaborative partnerships with CTI customers
- Remain available after-hours to respond to occasional ongoing threats or incidents
- Excellent communication skills with experience in delivering written products and oral presentations
- Excellent open source intelligence research ability
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize competing demands
- Extensive collaboration background
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team working attributes
- Ability to adapt to a highly dynamic work environment
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 7 years of experience as an intelligence, threat, fraud, or business analyst
- At least 4 years of experience writing analytical products concerning global, cyber, or business threats
- At least 5 years of experience collecting information from diverse sources, summarize the information in a written or oral product, and add value through informed analysis
- At least 8 years in the intelligence community or banking industry
- At least 2 years working cyber-related threats in the private or public sector
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top