Senior Manager, Solutions Engineer / Architect
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager, Solutions Engineer / Architect
The Enterprise Data - Data Client Engagement Team manages the relationship between data users with the enterprise platform teams. This work spans driving and managing use cases, communications, and design.
As the Senior Manager, Solutions Engineer for the Data Client Engagement Team, you will lead the effort to translate customer data infrastructure and movement needs into effective, reusable solutions and products fitting within the Enterprise Data Strategy. You will become an expert at Mosaic data solutions and use that knowledge to accelerate customer success. You will be closely tied into the Mosaic architecture and product teams and will directly shape the engineering outcomes of Mosaic. The Senior Manager will design repeatable data architecture patterns for Capital One as well as fit-for-purpose solutions to meet a wide-range of data needs. You will push change within Mosaic engineering processes to accelerate customer success
You will be vigilant and flexible to an ever-changing technology environment and stay on top of new data engineering initiatives at Capital One and in Industry. With this knowledge, you will drive customers and Mosaic to the best engineering practices. You will continually reevaluate and prioritize gaps to push Mosaic and its customers to the greatest value.
As a member of the Data Client Engagement team, the Senior Manager will advise customers on how to fit their existing and new data sets into an enterprise data ecosystem. You will also be responsible for developing technology roadmaps with customers to help assist them in their growth from deprecated systems to modern architectures largely focused on cloud-based solutions. You will assist customers in managing change as new products and solutions become available and guide them on which Mosaic products fit best for their individual team goals.
You will work closely within the customer space to develop robust and meaningful relationships facilitating trust and open communication. With the client engagement teams, you will development optimal customer engagement patterns for Mosaic. The Senior Manager will develop guidance content for our web to include data engineering information, successful use cases of Mosaic products, and white papers
The Senior Manager will liaise with experts throughout the company to understand and influence Capital One's overall data architecture strategy, including technology deployment, access, security, event messaging, and data management, data integrity, and tools to deliver top-notch data products to the enterprise. The role will also play a key role in shaping our culture and our people. You'll provide mentorship, leadership, and guidance for the Mosaic team.
Daily jobs could include:
- Develop a deep technical understand of each of our customers
- Learn their business, needs, and future goals and translate that knowledge to recommend effective technical solutions
- Lead and drive teams delivering on new data technologies for unstructured, structured, streaming, and high volume data
- Work directly with Product Owners and end-users to constantly deliver data-driven products in a highly collaborative and agile environment
- Provide senior level technical leadership to product development teams working on complex data intensive problems, basing their solution architectures on industry best practices and software techniques
- Cultivate relationships across the data technology industry to maintain market knowledge of industry, products and competitive landscape
Your experience probably includes most of these:
- Extensive experience and domain knowledge in the areas of data infrastructure, data movement, metadata, data quality, data governance, data lineage, and reference data
- Professional experience in architecting, designing and developing open source or commercial software of enterprise scale
- Deep hands-on expertise in big data, fast data and public cloud technologies for relational, non-relational, and streaming data
- Leading change from legacy to new and alternative technologies
- Experience building, motivating and leading teams to solve problems and deliver high quality results in a fast-paced, unstructured environment
- You love data
- You are customer-focused with a strong desire to turn empathy into action
- You yearn to be a part of cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering world-class solutions on an aggressive schedule
- You are highly curious. You ask why, you explore, and you're not afraid of challenging the status quo
- You excel at creating and leading teams of highly talented people and strive to help others build their skills and achieve their career goals
- You easily communicate complex ideas clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Bachelor' Degree or Military Experience
- At least 8 years of professional experience in a technical role
- At least 3 years of professional experience in one of the following areas: business analytics, data science, or product ownership
- At least 3 years of experience in building big data pipelines
- At least 2 years of experience in cloud application development
- At least 2 years of experience with Machine learning frameworks
- At least 2 year of experience with big and fast data technologies (Spark, Cassandra, Accumulo, HBase, Hadoop, HDFS, PostgreSQL, Redshift, or MongoDB)
- At least 3 years of experience with industry patterns, methodologies, and techniques for data in cloud
- At least 2 years of experience with Agile engineering practices
- Master's Degree
- 5+ years Solutions Engineering or Solutions Architecture experience developing data-driven software solutions to solve business problems
- 5+ years of experience of managing and developing people
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top