Senior Manager Software Engineering-Fullstack
201 Third Street (61049), United States of America, San Francisco, California
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager Software Engineering-Fullstack
Are you a leader that thrives in a vibrant, innovative and collaborative team? A lead engineer who has passion, and a desire to remain hands-on in a rapid and dynamic environment?
As a Capital One Sr. Manager Software Engineering, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few. You will be leading the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems, and will have the opportunity to remain in a hands-on engineering role, writing beautiful code, while also providing functional and technical leadership, and mentoring software engineers on complex and high priority technology projects.
Are you a self-starter? Do you disrupt, dream and innovate to create and deliver on challenging software engineering opportunities? Do you have a passion for new technologies, APIs, front end engineering frameworks, scalability and availability as much as CI / CD, scripting, tooling and automation? Are you always thriving to provide simple solutions to complex problems? If so, this is the right place for you.
- Own the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems.
- Drive tactical delivery for multiple teams.
- Work with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of systems, and determine priority of needs.
- Ensure adherence to defined development life cycle, good software design practices, and Architecture strategy and intent
- Partner with business systems analysts (BSAs), project managers (PMs), and customers to understand the scope of work, priorities, and requirements for development.
- Collaborate with performing teams to deliver new capabilities in business applications and/or remediate issues.
- Enforce company policies in areas of development methodology, architecture, security, change and configuration management, compliance, and HR.
- Analyze, define and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment
- Analyze and estimate feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs.
- Coordinate coding, testing, implementation and documentation of solutions
- Responsible for key system design and integration decisions; and for communicating decisions to individuals implementing the system.
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least 8 years of software development experience
- At least 5 years of experience managing large scale software development projects
- At least 5 years experience in backend API development technologies Java, Spring or NodeJS.
- At least 3 years experience in Agile methodologies
- At least 5 years experience in people management
- Masters Degree in Computer Science
- 10 years software development experience
- 6 years experience in Agile
- 2 years experience in Cloud Technologies, CI / CD and deployment automation.
Capital One will consider sponsoring you for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top