Senior Manager, Software Engineering (Salesforce)
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager, Software Engineering (Salesforce)
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
The HR Tech team is looking for a senior engineering manager to lead our Salesforce HR technology team in Richmond or Mclean, VA. In this role, you will influence HR and Technology decision makers with your own technological ideas and innovations. Along with being hands-on salesforce engineer developing on force.com (Lightning and Apex), you will be at the forefront of cloud adoption and emerging technologies.
Capital One's HR Technology team delivers Benefits, Learning, Talent, Compensation, and many more Associate Experiences that compel the best people to join and stay with Capital One and empower them to live their best lives. As a Capital One HR Salesforce Engineering Leader in this role, you will be responsible for attracting top talent to the team, driving innovation, ensuring best engineering practices, and inspiring your teammates to deliver high quality integrated software solutions.
To succeed, you:
- Demonstrate both effective people management and disciplined Salesforce software engineering leadership.
- Build strong and trusting partnerships with HR Connected Products and Business leadership.
- Work with product managers and business leads to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios.
- Engage in internal & external technology communities, and mentor members of the engineering community.
- Continuously improve software engineering practices; leading the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions.
- Help identify risks/impediments, escalate issues, bring transparency to deliverables and ensure Agile delivery.
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity.
- Possess good communication and reasoning skills, including the ability to make a strong case for technology choices.
- Lead the development, delivery, and support of multi-platform HR application systems, via automated builds and deployments (CI/CD), and integration of third party/vendor products.
- Lead, manage, and grow multiple teams of product focused software engineers, system integrators, testers and platform managers.
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of engineers on your team.
- Ensure adherence to Agile team norms and coding standards, software design best practices, architecture strategy, and intent.
- Collaborate with other tech teams and product managers to deliver optimal technology solutions which will delight stakeholders and elevate the associate experience.
- Take ownership of the long-term strategy and roadmap for key HR associate experience applications.
- Work with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical needs of systems, and determine the priority of needs.
- Enforce company policies in areas of development methodology, architecture, security, change and configuration management, and compliance.
- Coordinate and enforce design and coding standards, performance and ATDD testing, automated pipeline deployments of solutions for the overall team.
- Responsible for key system design and integration decisions, and for communicating decisions to individuals implementing the system.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 7 years of software development experience
- At least 2 years of system integration experience
- At least 2 years of third party or vendor product integration experience
- At least 3 years experience in people management leading software engineering or integration teams
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Master's Degree
- 10 + years of experience in software development
- 5+ years of experience in Agile practices
- 2+ years of experience in Cloud Computing
- 4+ years of experience in people management
- 4+ years of system and vendor product integration experience
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top