Senior Manager, Software Engineering
201 Third Street (61049), United States of America, San Francisco, California
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
We're seeking talented, senior, hands-on, engineering leaders to modernize one of the most critical systems in Capital One's US Card Business. As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from feature engineering to backend applications, data transformations, DevOps and more at a rapid pace. Capital One Card Tech's San Francisco Team, named "Skeletor", is responsible for design and development of language agnostic model execution framework Quantum Real Time. Multiple Card Tech use cases currently use the framework in production for executing data science models and non-model based requirements in production. Quantum Real Time currently provides out of the box capabilities for workflow orchestration and micro-service development. Future efforts are heavily inclined towards developing distributed capabilities, enhancing the core graph functionalities to support more use cases and inner source the framework. Tech stack is heavily based on Scala (Functional Programming), Akka, Python, Docker, AWS, Cucumber, Distributed Systems.
Your day will include:
- Demonstrating both effective people management and disciplined software engineering leadership
- Working with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios - Continuously improving software engineering practices
- Automating everything possible with the goal of creating a great developer and increasing speed to market
- Working within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Leading the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bringing a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encouraging innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Mentoring a team and community of engineers
- Taking ownership of the long-term direction of the application
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 8 years of software development experience
- At least 3 years of hands on programming experience with Python or Scala
- At least 3 years of experience with RESTful web services
- At least 2 years of experience leading full stack teams
- At least 2 years of experience deploying on the cloud
- Masters Degree in Computer Science
- 10+ Years in Software Development
- 5+ years of experience building software in enterprise/commercial environments, including systems and application design, code development and testing
- 5+ years of building highly available, scalable, lossless distributed systems serving huge data at a minimum latency with high throughput.
- 4+ years of experience building and deploying applications on the cloud - AWS
- 2+ years of experience with Apache Spark
- 3+ years of experience designing/architecting Distributed Systems
- Familiarity with Machine Learning concepts
- Experience with AKKA
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top