Senior Manager, Software Engineering
West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? Capital One has a history of disrupting, and we are doing it again. We're experimenting, innovating, and delivering really cool stuff to 65 million customers. We love to be curious, to dream, to ask, "What if?" Oh, and we love to write code.
What will you work on as a Capital One Senior Manager, Software Engineering? Capital One is seeking talented thinkers and master engineers who can envision next generation software innovations that will deliver a rich, engaging and unmatched user experience. You will have the unique opportunity to lead a team that will build a high-profile suite of applications from the ground up whilst still remaining hands on with the design and architecture.
- Participate in detailed technical design, development and implementation of a brand new suite of applications cutting edge, open source technologies
- Work within an Agile environment, and actively participate in story planning and detailed daily standups
- Provide input for architectural design decisions, and developing code to meet story acceptance criteria
- Continuously develop technical knowledge and skills on multiple platforms, and educate team members (including BSAs, Scrum Masters and Product Owners) on the capabilities and constraints of technologies
- Drive innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-boxthinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Be an integral part in advancing the culture of technical excellence within Capital One
- Be responsible for managing, supporting and developing a team of engineers to help them reach their full potential
- At least 8 years of software development experience
- At least 2 years experience leading software engineering teams
- At least 4 years of experience in J2EE technologies using the Spring Framework
- At least 4 years of experience with REST/SOAP Web Service and building APIs
- Bachelor's and/or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field or Military Experience
- Experience with AWS/Public Cloud
- Experience with Build and Deployment automation experience (CI/CD)
- Experience using front end technologies like Angular JS
- Knowledge of Functional Programming paradigm (Lambdas and streams)
- Knowledge of Cloud Automation and Orchestration using containers like Docker
Relocation assistance will be provided for candidates who qualify.
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top