Senior Manager, Software Engineer
Locations: VA - McLean, United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager, Software Engineer
We are the digiTECH organization within Capital One and are responsible for the foundation for every digital experience and interaction that customers have with us. We establish a customer's identity and ensure customer accounts, personal information and digital experience is safe and protected. We also offer a foundation and extendable template that extends a set of horizontal services and patterns to solve business problems. We have multiple platforms which integrate across the entire company and enable API's to be used by a number of lines of business.
The ideal candidate should:
- Possess excellent design and coding skills and a zeal for building applications using open source frameworks for cloud native technologies.
- Will be responsible for all aspects of SDLC of existing and new components.
- Is hands-on building UI using Angular 4+ with Typescript, Node.js, CSS/SCSS and HTML and back-end micro services using Java, Spring Boot, PostgreSQL and Tomcat with full ownership of shipping user-facing enterprise products.
- Focus on the customer and the details that make their experience exceptional
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, and self-organization
- Collaborate with and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions in a full-stack development tools and technologies
- Possess a strong sense of engineering quality and takes pride in the code they're responsible for while defining best practices as our teams abide by a You Build It You Own It attitude
Responsibilities for the role include:
- Build resilient UX, APIs, and Microservices using latest technologies
- Perform engineering activities for performance tuning and deep monitoring of applications and services
- Work with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of the system, determine the priority of work, and ensure integrated end-to-end design and delivery
- Leverage DevOps practices for Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 year of experience in Application Development: Java, JEE, Spring, Go, or Lua
- At least 2 year of experience in one of Cloud technologies: AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Docker, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- Master's or Minor in Computer Science
- 4+ years of experience developing RESTful APIs
- 2+ years of experience in developing UNIX and Shell Scripts
- 2+ years of experience in Testing frameworks and Quality Assurance technologies: ATDD, Selenium, Cucumber, JUnit, and SoapUI
- 2+ years of experience in Container orchestration frameworks: Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, or Amazon ECS
- 2+ years of experience with Artifactory, Nexus and GitHub
- Certified in Java, Spring or AWS technologies
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position
Back to top