Senior Manager, Quantitative UX Research
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager, Quantitative UX Research
Capital One's Experience Design Research Team is looking to expand its team! Our goal is to fully engage our customers to radically change how they interact with their money.
We are looking for a passionate, engaged and innovative leader to helm our Quantitative Research Practice. This role involves the management of several remote research tools, empowering Capital One associates to scale their research efforts with these tools, and in all Capital One associates, enabling them to deeply understand our customers and prospects and their relationship with their money. Additionally, this leader should be proficient in data analysis and understanding how to find hidden insightful gems buried in our customer data, as well as proposing new methods of collection that can help us understand our customers and prospects better. In addition, this role also manages our UX Measurement Program, so we can measure the impact of our customer experiences.
The Quantitative Research Lead's responsibilities include coming up with innovative ways to understand our customers with sound methodology and rigor. A driving passion and need to discover and implement new ways of getting people excited about learning about our customers and their money should keep you up at night and drive you during the day!
- Discovery, Ideation and Creation of a sound quantitative research program
- Continue to manage our suite of remote research tools (like usertesting.com, userzoom, dscout, etc.) so that any capital one associate can use them to understand our customers
- Manage our Capital One Insider Community, which has 15,000 customers and prospects, as well as our internal Associate Panel, with over 2000 Capital One associates signed up
- As a part of USERLabs Leadership, collaborate to further develop quantitative UX methodologies and strategy
- Make sure that quantitative methods we teach as a team to Capital One associates are presented in a sound, accessible yet rigorous way
- Work with our Curriculum lead to create new and engaging quantitative learning experiences
- Actively monitor and analyze research, data, and trends from internal sources, academic research, and industry published reports to inform and improve our methodologies and curriculum
- Evangelize the power of Human-Centered Thinking and Research to communities outside of Capital One
- Leverage analytics tools and techniques to measure success, present opportunities, and support decision-making and prioritization of Quantitative Research efforts
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of research and education experience
- At least 5 years of experience presenting qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Master's degree or PhD. Qualifying fields include: computer science education, human-computer interaction, computer science (with HCI focus), behavioral science, psychology (cognitive or experimental), human factors, usability, analytics/statistics, educational technology, or related field.
- 5-8 years of research & education experience
- Experience with user research education
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Design Thinking or Human-Centered Thinking/Design
- Extraordinary oral and written communication skills and the ability to connect with a variety of audiences
- Ability to present complex qualitative and quantitative research methodologies to diverse audiences in an understandable and accessible format
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions in user research curriculum, for a broad audience demographic
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top