Senior Manager, Product Management
Towers Crescent 2 (12067), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager, Product Management
Product Manager, Sentient Data Services
Sentient Data Services is a team of product managers, data scientists and engineers who are passionate data governance, meta data and automation that drives core analytics. We develop APIs, data platforms and microservices for Capital One to develop and apply continuous customer understanding and context in all our consumer products and experiences.
At Capital One, we believe deep understanding of our customers and consumers at large will help us deliver innovative customer experiences, drive differentiation in the marketplace, and simultaneously create business and consumer value.
We are looking for a product manager to deliver data capabilities, platform services and tools that enable product managers, developers and analysts to utilize customer context when building customer centric products that solve business problems.
- Determines customers' needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
- Clear, fast business communications expertise including written analysis, meeting management and presentations
- Collaborate with various partner teams to inform end customer experiences based on our data capabilities
Ideal candidate has:
- Application of data and business intelligence products to drive business value.
- Understands Data Governance and Compliance
- Understand banking
- Proven track record in balancing consumer outcomes, business needs and technical feasibility and delivery.
- Success in navigating corporate environments
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in product management
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
- 5+ years of data product experience in an Agile environment
- 3+ years of experience with data repositories and query paradigms (relational, schema-on-read, graph, or time series)
- 3+ years of experience with Knowledge management for organization, discovery and inference
- 3+ years of experience handling of streaming data and temporal analytics
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top