Senior Manager, Product Management
Locations: TX - Plano, United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager, Product Management
Money is the central enabler for daily life - so why has the way we interact with our money remained relatively static?
While other industries have undergone major transformation, dramatic change in the financial services industry is decades overdue. Money is never just digits on a screen to us - it's someone's groceries, first car, new home, or plane tickets home for the holidays. We measure our success by our customer's success.
Our passion to change the industry shows up across our business, and we're making real time improvements that positively shape our customer's financial health. As a company, it's not enough to just look at what we can do now, but also, what we can do in the future. Entrepreneurship and innovation are deeply ingrained in the DNA of our company - stemming from our founder, CEO, and Chairman of the Board - Richard Fairbank. We have a startup culture with the financial backing of a Fortune 200 company. Our team in Plano, TX is a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, data scientists, and full stack developers committed to transforming the Auto Finance industry.
What you will do:
Our Product Managers play a critical role in achieving transformation. They lead teams of designers, engineers, data scientists and analysts to define product strategy and develop, launch, and enhance products and services that drive our business forward. This Product Manager will lead intent gathering and execution for Auto Finance Servicing mobile apps and website. They will seek out opportunities to optimize self-service features and ensure the best customer experience related to servicing auto loans. They will collaborate heavily with other Capital One product teams, to ensure a seamless experience for the consumer.
As a product leader you will:
- Relentlessly push to understand customer needs and ensure customer is considered in prioritization and trade-off discussions
- Set product vision and lead road mapping, goal setting, story writing, project execution, A/B testing, and product roll-out strategy
- Identify unmet needs and disruption opportunities and guide interdisciplinary teams to deliver innovative products to market.
- Test and iterate in small-scale pilots to validate concepts, refine them to achieve product-market fit, and then scale to drive vertical and horizontal economics
- Define learning agenda and key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure success/failure
- Regularly and systematically use data to uncover opportunities, track product performance, and drive decision making
- Leads a team through rigorous process of test and learn with focus on identifying and developing a minimum viable product (MVP)
- Prioritize, negotiate and remove blockers to orchestrate successful launch or optimization cycle
- Serve as subject matter expert, contributing practitioner, thought leader, career guide and mentor to teams
- Establish or participate in Design Thinking, Agile, and LEAN rituals which establish rhythm for the team, promote ongoing communication, and iterative refinement of roadmaps
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in digital product management working with cross-functional teams
- At least 3 years of product development experience in an Agile environment
- MBA or Master's degree
- At least 3 years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top