Senior Manager Mobile Program Owner
West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager Mobile Program Owner
The Company: Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation's top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Our goal is to create one of the nation's great banks, and we have the necessary ingredients: a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, a massive customer franchise, strong analytical capabilities, and great people. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company – and a great place to work.
The Digital Workplace Solutions (WPS) team is responsible for developing and managing the implementation of an integrated workplace technology strategy by combining elements of the physical workplace and technology tools to enable a positive associate experience. By creating a customer driven model, through innovation and associate feedback, the team focuses on human centered design to improve collaboration and productivity. The team maintains an awareness for the latest trends and tools in technology, inclusive of digital and interactive signage, digital displays, and new applications for handheld devices. In addition to researching, piloting, and deploying new tools, the team also influences the change management, communication, and the branding strategy for new technology experiences.
The Role: As a Senior Manager Mobile Program Owner at Capital One, you will drive the strategy and delivery of new capabilities/enhancements for the @Work app, a mobile solution that connects associates and visitors with the Capital One workplace and enables productivity and mobility. You will collaborate with smart and passionate people across multiple technology and business groups to deliver results that have a direct impact on the workplace experience. You will take on important and exciting responsibility from day one, working with key stakeholders across the company and with key vendors to advance our mobile solutions.
Responsibilities of a Senior Manager Mobile Program Owner consist of:
- Leading initiatives to drive enhancements and new functionality for the @Work mobile platform to improve the end user experience
- Working with a cross-functional team and multiple product owners to translate customer needs and technology directions into new features and services
- Building relationships and collaborating with key partner groups (e.g., Technology, Global Security, HR, and Retail) and vendors to deliver on milestones and provide ongoing enhancements / support for the @Work platform
- Defining, analyzing and communicating product roadmaps aligned with business objectives and supported by business cases, market research, user feedback, and data analysis
- Promoting and creating strong user adoption through innovative, quality driven product strategies and feature sets
- Driving day-to-day prioritization of work operations, projects and scope, and troubleshooting reported issues
- Leveraging problem solving and influencing skills to meet customer requirements
- With partners, defining success criteria and analyzing metrics to measure the ROI of product modules and features
- Ensuring processes and technical standards are documented appropriately to mitigate risk
- Providing strategic and tactical thought leadership effectively across technology, content, and distribution partnerships to drive product delivery
What we're looking for:
- A creative expert in building and testing great user experiences with a strong intuition for what people want or need
- Familiarity with mobile apps and a thorough knowledge of the user experience in the mobile space
- Someone who focuses on identifying opportunities and uncovering untapped needs through customer research and interaction data
- A leader with the ability to deliver on insights by driving product vision and strategy
Specifically, you will:
- Advocate and be the voice of our customer in our mobile program development and deployment process
- Use customer-driven insights, product research, and usability testing to deliver impactful customer experiences
- Support Agile methodologies to help a cross-functional team with story creation, prioritization, planning and retrospective
- Partner with product managers to influence product design and express / own the UX strategy
- Lead phases of product development including concept, design, development, release and enhancement
- Create and deliver UX/UI design documentation to aid with cross-team communication, collaboration and development
- Stay abreast of emerging product opportunities and conceive of new application recommendations
- Display a passion for coaching and may lead team or direct others on projects
- Have excellent communication and partnership skills which are essential for interacting and communicating with key stakeholders at all levels across the company to manage, inform, and influence outcomes
- At least a Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 3 years in a role focused on the user experience
- 3 years' experience with mobile apps or in the web or mobile space
- At least 3 years of People Management experience
- Masters / MBA degree
- Leadership experience defining mobile app user requirements
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem solving and influencing skills
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top