Senior Manager, Leadership Development
West Creek 1 (12071), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager, Leadership Development
This Senior Manager role will lead an existing Learning & Development team that creates learning solutions for our agents in the global US Credit Card organization.
As the Senior Manager of Learning & Development, you are accountable for the learning strategy and deliverable's for all new intent, and for the strategic operations for the Learning & Development organization.
Outputs from your team will consist of learning solutions and processes, like:
- training on a new credit card product or service,
- training for new tools and systems,
- refinement of an intake and prioritization process,
- evaluation and reporting on learning solutions, and
- documentation and continuous improvement of well-managed processes.
The outcomes of your team's work will:
- empower our call center operational leaders do the best work of their lives,
- help our new leaders be productive faster,
- inspire call center agents to forge the human connections that inspire loyal customer relationships, and
- facilitate Capital One's Channels organization to consistently deliver remarkable experiences to our customers.
We want someone to come to the table that has led a Learning & Development team, has an innovative mindset, is passionate about technology, has forward-leaning ideas, and can execute on those ideas with well-thought-out plans that will shake up the way we work to deliver an incredible associate experience.
Life at Capital One will be different every day, but here's a snapshot of what you can expect to experience in your new role:
- Interviewing key decision makers, senior leaders, business partners, frontline leaders and agents to:
- Identify gaps
- Assess business needs
- Develop hypotheses
- Translate data into meaningful insights
- Evaluate the programs and learning solutions and drive continuous improvement
- Presenting recommendations to fill performance gaps.
- Building strategic plans and executing against them.
- Enabling your team to successfully deliver learning solutions.
- Partnering with Channels L&D, Channels Operations, Human Resource Consultants, and other enterprise learning organizations to deliver learning solutions to our frontline agents.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Innovative strategic development - harness big ideas to create realistic and grounded strategy and tactics.
- Strategic execution - translate strategy into action.
- Change Management - using an approach to achieve lasting transformation.
- Apply your Learning & Development expertise - guide the design, development, implementation and evaluation of learning solutions.
- Provide strategic direction and contribute to the growth and development of your team.
- Work across boundaries - leverage the collective power of internal and external partners for insights and innovation.
- Stakeholder Management - employing savvy communication and management processes to keep everyone informed.
- Business Savvy - running an efficient operation.
- Manage and motivate a diverse team - empowering others and nurturing growth.
- Foster an environment of trust, collaboration and belonging - leading with the heart, humility, and authenticity.
Your professional charisma - the secret sauce that will make you uniquely successful in the workplace should include the following abilities:
- Builds highly effective working relationships by effectively communicating and building rapport with all associates.
- Shows consistent emotional intelligence through self-awareness, self-management, motivation, empathy, social awareness, and relationship management.
- Manages conflict by encouraging differences of opinions, anticipating and preventing counter-productive confrontations, and manages to resolve conflicts and disagreements in a constructive manner.
- Demonstrates effective decision-making and decisiveness by making well-informed, effective, and timely decisions, even when data are limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences; perceives the impact and implications of decisions.
- Exhibits resilience by remaining optimistic and persistent, even under adversity, and recovering quickly from setbacks.
- Flaunt your learning agility by modeling openness and applying new learnings, and seeking insight over information.
- Stays abreast of new and emerging technologies and vendor solutions.
- Drives breakthrough results by swinging for the fences with bold invention, not incremental improvement. Has a bias toward prototyping and learning. And, over-delivers to goals, despite external forces.
- Drives simplicity to ensure operational excellence, and above all, a reverence for risk management.
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and work in a highly team-oriented environment.
- Ability to combine a strong quantitative background to support data-informed decision making with gut-based decisions.
- Entrepreneurial ability to identify and prioritize opportunities in highly ambiguous contexts.
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 3 years of experience working in the learning and development industry
- At least 3 years of experience in learning consultation
- At least 3 years of experience in learning curriculum design and development
- At least 3 years of managing learning professionals
- Masters's Degree in Adult Education, Human Resources, Industrial Psychology or Organizational Development
- Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP), Leadership Development Certification Program (LDCP), Leadership Development & Succession Strategist (LDSS) Certification, Professional in Human Resources (PHR) Certification, or similar certification
- Member of American Society for Training and Development (ATD)
- At least 5 years of Experience in Training Design, Development, and Facilitation
- At least 5 years of experience in Client consulting, Project Management, and Training evaluation practices
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top