Senior Manager, Enterprise Architecture
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager, Enterprise Architecture
Capital One is seeking an Enterprise Application Architect to drive technology strategy and adoption for the US Card domain. The Enterprise Application Architect will join a team of architects already supporting US Card domains. In this role, the architect will help define and drive towards an end state that is based on simplicity and the adoption of digital technologies, cloud hosting, and open source software. We are looking for a proactive individual who is comfortable working in ambiguous spaces and leading diverse teams to outcomes that are aligned to both business and IT imperatives. This role also requires significant interaction with business and technical stakeholders. Therefore, candidates must exhibit outstanding communication and influencing skills as well as a tenacity for overcoming hurdles and impediments. The ideal candidate will have a balanced skill set of deep expertise in digital technologies along with great soft skills/competencies
- Develop strategic technology roadmaps aligned with both business needs and our technology standards
- Align new business intent with existing roadmaps, standards and patterns
- Oversee project related design activities and ensure sound technical outcomes
- Coach and mentor development resources in the US Card domain
- Bachelors degree or Military experience
- At least 10 years of experience in Software, System or Enterprise Architecture
- At least 10 years of experience in large scale application design and development
- Ability to frame an architecture strategy and gain buy-in from both business and IT executives
- Demonstrated ability to describe non-functional requirements (qualities) and translate into architecture constraints
- Experience with financial systems and business processes.
- Experience with Digital Technologies, Open Source Software, Cloud Native Application Architecture and Cloud Hosting, specifically:
- Cloud Computing Principles, IaaS, PaaS, AWS EC2, Managed Cloud Services, Containerized Workload Management Principles using Kubernetes and Docker, PaaS Principles such as Cloud Foundry or Openshift
- Microservices Architecture Principles, 12 Factor App Architecture
- Reactive Architectures, Real-time Streaming Architectures, EDA, Pub-Sub and Queuing technologies
- Java, Spring Framework, Sprint Boot, REST APIs and Web Services
- Golang, Exposure to developing Microservices with Go
- SQL and NoSQL Databases such as Cassandra/MongoDB/AWS DynamoDB, In-Memory Data Grids (IMDG) such as Hazelcast or Apache Geode/Ignite, Big Data Analytics, Apache Spark, Exposure to MPP Data Warehouses such as AWS Redshift
- Caching and Content Management Principles
- Responsive and Adaptive Web Design Principles
- Web and Application Security (SAML, OAuth, RBAC)
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top