Senior Manager - Digital Online Payments Engineering
201 Third Street (61049), United States of America, San Francisco, California
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager - Digital Online Payments Engineering
Do you want to work at startup-speed while solving the company's most pressing needs? Do you enjoy working with a high-performing team on highly visible projects where the CEO and Board take interest in your work? Do you like the idea of being a change-agent in a company your family will recognize, working on cool new products that you would yearn to use?
If so: this is the job for you.
You will be a key member of the Digital Online Payments Engineering team (we also like the acronym). Our focus is to accelerate platform, feature, and infrastructure development in response to emergent digital business opportunities.
Your team is passionate about moving the engineering needle by shipping quickly and with high quality. The team will solve key strategic technical problems using whatever language or platform is the best choice for that situation.
This full stack, multi-disciplinary team will be directly accountable to senior Digital Online Payments Engineering leadership. The team is part of a larger Digital Product Engineering technology organization empowered to deliver delightful customer experiences in all digital channels (Desktop web, iOS, Android, Echo, IoT, etc.).
Digital Product Engineering is responsible for building the core digital payments experiences for Capital One, including Apple Pay, Android Pay, and Eno Virtual Numbers. Our award-winning products enable our 45 million customers to spend more securely and conveniently. We aim to push the envelope of Fin Tech innovation.
Our team is growing and we're looking for engineers who lead by doing, have a passion for solving problems and who exude professionalism every day.
- Own the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems, and work with team to implement in an efficient manner.
- Accelerate engineering teams to meet organizational strategy, goals, and key metrics
- Employ sound technical decisions, ensure teammates do the same through code-reviews, and exemplify sound Agile practices such as Test Driven Development.
- Identify, navigate, and overcome technical and organizational barriers that may stand in the way of delivery
- Inspire your team members through contributing toward a great culture and leading by example
- Influence outcomes by sharing your opinions, building relationships, and providing thought leadership where appropriate
- Constantly improve the processes and practices around development and delivery
- Recruit new engineering talent by representing the Capital One brand through local meetups, conference speaking, and public writing
- Coach and mentor other developers as needed to solidify best practices in code.
- Stay up to date on technologies, techniques, and industry trends.
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience.
- At least 8 years of software engineering experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in people management.
- At least 5 years of experience leading software delivery using Agile.
- At least 5 years of experience building software in a continuous integration environment.
- At least 5 years of experience delivering software in the public cloud AWS.
- At least 5 years of production experience with the following languages: Java, node.js, Scala, Python, Go, Swift.
- Expertise in web and browser security patterns.
- Proficiency in performance and optimization of large scale server systems.
- Knowledge of REST APIs and Java in a J2EE environment.
- Knowledge and proficiency in CICD technologies - Jenkins, Ansible, Docker, AWS. Understanding of the concepts of code repositories and the ability to commit,fork, branch, merge code to Git or Subversion.
- Experience with test automation Selenium, Cucumber or PhantomJS.
- Experience working in a startup or rapid delivery project.
- Experience using TDD practices.
- Open source software contributions.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science.
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top