Senior Manager DevOps
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager DevOps
Capital One is actively seeking experienced Lead Software Engineer with expertise in leading teams on complex and high priority technology projects for new innovations, process improvements, or operations. This position will specifically focus on DevOps. The primary responsibility is to lead the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems. In addition, he/she will provide functional, technical, and/or process leadership. The successful candidate will have experience as a senior software engineer, as well as managing software designers and developers through project design, development and delivery.
- Own the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems.
- Perform complex applications programming activities. Codes, tests, debugs.
- Drive tactical delivery for multiple teams.
- Work with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of system and determine priority of needs.
- Manage standard system processes and enhancements to system. Ensure that solution design adheres to good software design practices. Accountable for overall solution design quality
- Ensure adherence to defined Software Development Life cycle and Architecture strategy and intent.
- Provide functional, technical, and/or process leadership.
- Work with business systems analysts, project managers, and customers to understand the scope of work, priorities, and requirements for development.
- Work with performing teams to deliver new capabilities in business applications and/or remediate issues.
- Manage associate/contractor development resources.
- Enforce company policies in areas of development methodology, architecture, security, change and configuration management, compliance, and HR.
- Analyze, define and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs.
- Contribute to defining time tables and project plans
- Analyze and estimate feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs.
- Ensure that expected application performance levels are achieved.
- Coordinate coding, testing, implementation and documentation of solution.
- Responsible for key system design and integration decisions; and for communicating decisions to individuals implementing the system.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years' experience with AWS and Cloud
- At least 2 years' experience Managing API Gateway
- At least 2 years' experience with RESTful APIs
- At least 8 years' experience in software development
- At least 5 years' experience as lead or manager within software development projects
- At least 2 years' experience as people manager
- At least 3 years of experience in design and coding applications in Java, Python or Nodejs
- At least 3 years of experience working in a Linux/Unix/Windows
- At least 1 year of experience implementing DevOps practices at scale
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems
- 5 years' experience with Java, Tomcat and Spring framework
- 5 years' experience Rest API and API Testing
- 4 years' experience Jenkin and Chef
- 5 years' experience Maven and GitHub
- 5 years' experience in UNIX Scripting
- 2 years' experience in Apache Web Server
- 2 years' experience with AngularJS
- 2 years' experience with NodeJs
- 2 years' experience with Bootstrap and other UI frameworks
- 2 years' experience with UI testing frameworks
- 2 years' experience leading a support or tech operations team
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top