Senior Manager, Data Transformation
West Creek 4 (12074), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager, Data Transformation
Are you a passionate leader with a pulse on innovative technologies and solutions? A seasoned technical manager, with full software lifecycle expertise and experience migrating data to the cloud? At Capital One, our Senior Managers work with business and technology partners to identify and prioritize projects for new innovations, process improvements, or operations. The ideal candidate will lead a team of designers and developers through design, development and delivery, ensuring adherence to defined Software Development Life Cycle. As a leader, you will communicate recommended changes to software or infrastructure to IT and business partners, and participate in system design improvements and performance enhancements. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared values, come together to make Capital One a great company and an exciting place to work!
- Serve as a senior technical manager for projects in support of the Data Transformation program; provide guidance in the migration of data to the AWS cloud
- Drive technical discussions with engineering and business owners for project requirements and scope with specific focus on cloud-based data technology
- Identify and resolve impediments to the successful migration of applications and data to the cloud; manage dependencies across internal and external organizations
- Collaboratively work with multiple teams including Enterprise Architecture, Cloud Architecture, ISRM/Security, Infrastructure teams across the organization to achieve desired outcomes; prioritize work based on established success criteria and timeframes
- Establish strong relationships with key stakeholders within the Tech and LOB space; leverage relationships to drive resolution of issues and addressing impediments; interface with senior leaders within the organization to achieve desired outcomes
- Provide technical leadership and direction during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post-implementation phases
- Define and execute against strategic delivery roadmaps and actively manage schedules, technology risks, dependencies, and impediments
- Motivating teams to solve problems and deliver high quality results in a fast-paced, collaborative environment that's geographically dispersed
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities in an unstructured environment where you are empowered to make a difference. In that context, you will be expected to research and develop cutting-edge data analytical and transformation technologies to accomplish your goals
- Support the creation of work breakdown structures and project roadmaps
- Manage a team of associates and contractors
- Demonstrated ability to structure complex problems and develop multifaceted solutions
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience in systems or data engineering; experience to include one or more of the following: SQL, NoSQL, Object databases, RDBMS, data lakes, data warehouses, ETL, data analytics, enterprise data management, data architecture, business intelligence or cloud migration
- At least two years of experience with people management or architecture
- At least 1 year of experience working with cloud services such as AWS
- At least three years' experience working in cloud services: Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other Cloud services
- At least 1 year of experience working in one or more of the following technologies - Apache Spark, AWS Redshift, SnowFlake, Data Lakes
- At least 1 year of experience in DevOps
- At least 2 years of experience leading a war room or command center
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top