Senior Manager, Data Scientist
114 5th Ave (22114), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager, Data Scientist
At Capital One, data is at the center of everything we do. When we launched as a startup we disrupted the credit card industry by individually personalizing every credit card offer using statistical modeling and the relational database, cutting edge technology in 1988! Fast-forward a few years, and this little innovation and our passion for data has skyrocketed us to a Fortune 100 company and a leader in the world of data-driven decision-making.
Enterprise Customer Intelligence (ECI) is a team ofmakers and problem-solvers --product managers, data scientists and engineers who are passionate about enabling financial products to be aware and adaptive to consumers' needs. We create APIs, data platforms and tools for developing the deep understanding of our customers that is crucial to delivering innovative, intelligent, personalized customer experiences.
In this role, you will:
- Lead and mentor a team of 3-5 data scientists.
- Provide thought leadership within and outside of theteam, andcontribute to the product roadmap for the data platforms that will power the AI-based customer experiences of the future.
- Partner closely with a variety of business and product teams across Capital One to conduct the experiments that guide improvements to customer experiences and business outcomes in domains like marketing, servicing and fraud prevention.
- Write software (Python, Scala, e.g.) to collect, explore, visualizeand analyze numerical and textual data (billions of customer transactions, clicks, payments, etc.) using tools like Spark, Elasticsearch, and AWS.
- Build machine learning models through all phases of development, from design through training, evaluation and validation,and partner with engineering teams to operationalize them inproduction systems that serve 50+ million customers.
The Idealcandidatewill be:
- Curious and creative. You thrive on bringing definition to big, undefined problems. You love asking questions, and you love pushing hard to find the answers. You're not afraid to share a new idea. You communicate clearly and effectively to share your findings with non-technical audiences.
- Technical: You have hands-on experience developing data science solutions from concept to production using open source tools and modern cloud computing platforms. You are not afraid of petabytes of data.
- Statistically-minded. You have built models, validated them andbacktestedthem. You know how to interpret a confusion matrix or a ROC curve. You have experience with clustering, classification, sentiment analysis, time seriesanalysisand deep learning.
- Customer and product oriented. You share our passion for changing banking for good, and have demonstrated experienceworking withweb, social/behavioral,e-commerce, or similardata.
Twenty-five years after Capital One was started it's still led by its founder. Be ready to join a community of the smartest people you've ever met, who see the customer first, and want to use their data skills to make a difference.
-Bachelor's Degree plus 6 years of experience in data analytics, or Master's Degree plus 4 years of experience in data analytics, or PhD plus 2 years of experience in data analytics
-At least 3 years' experience in open source programming languages for large scale data analysis
-At least 3 years' experience with machine learning
-At least 3 years' experience with relational databases
-PhD in "STEM" field (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) plus 2 years of experience in data analytics
-At least 1 year experience working with AWS
-At least 1 year experience managing people
-At least 5 years' experience in Python, Scala, or R for large scale data analysis
-At least 5 years' experience with machine learning
-At least 5 years' experience with SQL
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top