Senior Manager, Data Engineering
11 West 19th Street (22008), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager, Data Engineering
As a Capital One Data Engineer, you'll be part of an Agile or platform team dedicated to breaking the norm and pushing the limits of continuous improvement and innovation. You will participate in detailed technical design, development and implementation of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Working within an Agile environment, you will provide input into architectural design decisions, develop code to meet story acceptance criteria, and ensure that the applications we build are always available to our customers.
You'll have the opportunity to mentor other engineers and develop your technical knowledge and skills to keep your mind and our business on the cutting edge of technology. At Capital One, we have seas of big data and rivers of fast data. To tame it all we're using tools like Spark, Scala, Akka, Cassandra, Accumulo, HBase, Hadoop, HDFS, AVRO, MongoDB, and Mesos - and we're on the look-out for anything else that will help us.
Who you are:
- You yearn to be part of cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering world-class solutions on an aggressive schedule
- Someone who is not intimidated by challenges; thrives even under pressure; is passionate about their craft; and hyper focused on delivering exceptional results
- You love to learn new technologies and mentor junior engineers to raise the bar on your team
- It would be awesome if you have a robust portfolio on Github and / or open source contributions you are proud to share
- Passionate about intuitive and engaging user interfaces, as well as new/emerging concepts and techniques in web design
- You use, or are passionate about learning, Spark, Scala, Akka, Kafka, Cassandra, Accumulo, HBase, Hadoop, HDFS, AVRO, MongoDB, and Mesos - and anything else that will help you solve big, messy problems
What we have:
- Flexible work schedules
- Convenient office locations
- Generous salary and merit-based pay incentives
- A startup mindset with the wallet of a top 10 bank
- Monthly innovation challenges dedicated to test driving cutting edge technologies
- Your choice of equipment (MacBook/PC, iPhone/Android Device)
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in C, Java, or Scala
- At least 5 years of experience with Unix or Linux systems with scripting experience in Shell, Perl or Python
- At least 5 years of experience building data pipelines
- At least 3 year experience with leading big data technologies like Spark, Scala, Akka, Cassandra, Accumulo, Hbase, Hadoop, HDFS, AVRO, MongoDB or Mesos
- Master's Degree
- 6+ years' of experience with Spark, Scala or Akka.
- 6+ years of experience with Spark Streaming, Storm, Flink, or other Stream
- 6+ years' experience with NoSQL implementation
- 3+ years' experience developing Java based software solutions
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top