Senior Manager, Data Analytics
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager, Data Analytics
Capital One is a diversified bank that offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers, small business and commercial clients. Ranked #127 on the Fortune 500, Capital One has one of the most widely recognized brands in America. As one of the nation's top 10 banks, we offer a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
At Capital One, data is at the center of everything we do. When we were a tiny startup we disrupted the credit card industry by individually personalizing every credit card offer using statistical modeling and the relational database, cutting edge technology in 1988! Fast-forward a few years, and that little innovation and our passion for data has skyrocketed us to a Fortune 200 company and a leader in the world of data-driven decision-making.
Twenty-five years after Capital One was started it's still led by its founder. Be ready to join a community of the smartest people you've ever met, who put the customer first, and want to use their data skills to make a difference.
As a Senior Manager, you will partner cross-functionally with teams throughout the company to validate business impacting analytical tools. You will enhance your technical and analytical skills, while also working with leaders to influence business strategies. With a network of hundreds of Data Analysts, Quants, and Data Scientists, challenging projects with an eye on the bottom line and a focus on work/life balance, we've created a dynamic environment with plenty of room for you to learn, grow, and realize your full potential.
On a given day you will be:
- Refining a new Enterprise-wide analytical tools validation framework
- Planning and executing validation projects
- Assessing the quality and risk of analytical tool methodologies across Capital One, and the nature of tools usage within those processes
- Validating tools at tool initiation and during the annual inventory update
- Understanding technical issues in analytical tools and assessing tools risks and opportunities
- Independently researching, identifying, and prototyping industry best practices for emerging analytical tools
- Communicating results clearly and concisely both verbally and through written communications via validation reports and presentations
- Leveraging education, colleagues and training opportunities to develop solutions to business problems
- Coaching and mentoring junior staff
An ideal candidate will possess strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities in addition to communication, interpersonal and leadership skills. This position will be in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment where you will be handling multiple concurrent projects while working independently and in teams.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5 years of experience with professional data analysis
- At least 2 years of experience with open source data technologies
- Master's Degree or Doctorate in a Finance, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, or a related field
- At least 7 years of experience in statistical or econometrics hands-on work
- At least 5 years of experience manipulating and performing analysis with large data sets
- At least 5 years of experience in financial services industry
- At least 5 years of experience in developing statistical or econometric models
- At least 5 years of experience in validating statistical or econometric models
- At least 2 years of experience with data governance
- At least 2 years of experience with predictive analytics
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top