Senior Manager, Cyber Risk Management
- McLean, VA
West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager, Cyber Risk Management
Cyber Risk Management (Cyber RM) is a growing organization focused on providing expert advice, credible challenge, and effective oversight of information security and technology activities to identify, assess, control, and manage cyber risk throughout the company. This organization plays a critical role in helping to ensure the company's risk-taking entities are aware of the risks inherent in their activities and decisions, the impact of their actions at an enterprise level, and opportunities to reduce, mitigate, or avoid the risks altogether. Associates within Cyber RM are highly-skilled information security, cyber, technology, and risk management professionals who have a wealth of experience and a demonstrated ability to provide value-added recommendations and deliver high-impact results in their area(s) of expertise.
As a Senior Manager in Capital One's Cyber Risk Management you will apply your project management and analytical skills to lead the management/response coordination of relevant audits and exams while also overseeing remediation efforts. This position will join the Portfolio Governance & Delivery horizontal services team to help the organization deliver on its top priorities.
You should consider this role if you're someone who:
- Thrives wearing multiple hats and work with a wide variety of teams
- Loves to continuously learn
- Keen reader of people, culture, and tea leaves - building the relationships to make things happen
- Highly functional in a dynamic environment
- Is a proven leader and manager of teams
- Comfortable bending between tactical and strategic
- Demonstrates sound judgment, even when working in new situations and scenarios
- Communicates in a clear, compelling way to influence individuals at all levels
- Top-notch executive presence
- Collaborates effectively across multiple organizations such as Operational Risk Management, Enterprise Risk Management, Compliance, Business Risk Offices, Operational Risk Sub-Steward organizations, Information Technology, Basel Program, Internal Audit, Regulator Relations, etc. to achieve objectives.
Specifically, this associate will:
- Lead centralized management of Cyber RM audit & exams; Maintain audit and regulatory interactions for Cyber RM (e.g., regulatory updates, audit status, etc.);
- Oversee the development and delivery of Cyber Risk Management reporting and other reporting engagements
- Lead a small team of risk specialists
- Assist vertical teams with issue management
- Assist vertical teams in building project and program roadmaps and project managing the execution;
- Assist in prioritizing of key project deliverables across all initiatives, sprint and project planning; analyze program dependencies;
- Assist in identification, monitoring, and mitigation of risks to the Cyber RM organization as part of the Information Security and Technology control programs;
- Resolve or escalate impediments to help the organization deliver on its top priorities
- A bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of project management experience
- At least 4 years of risk management experience
- At least 3 years of experience working in the fields of information security, cyber or IT
- 6+ years of experience managing projects
- At least 5 years of experience partnering and influencing the business and program stakeholders
- Passion and expertise in cybersecurity or IT
- At least 2 years of experience in analysis
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top