Senior Manager - Credit Risk Audit
McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager - Credit Risk Audit
The Internal Audit function within Capital One is a dedicated group of audit professionals focused on delivering top quality assurance services to the organization's Audit Committee. The Audit department is considered one of the leading internal audit functions within the financial services industry and is highly regarded within Capital One. Audit professionals are experienced, well-trained and credentialed, and operate within a highly collaborative team environment to deliver value added opinions and recommendations.
The Audit Senior Manager will be responsible for the planning and execution of audits associated with Capital One's various credit risk management functions and related activities. The Credit Risk Audit Senior Manager will be responsible for maintaining a centralized and coordinated view of Credit Risk Management, Loss Forecasting, Capital Management and Model Governance. The person in the role will provide assurance coverage over 2nd line Credit Risk Management groups (Consumer and Commercial) and develop and coordinate an effective Audit wide credit risk coverage and continuous monitoring. Finally, the Credit Risk Senior Manager will also be responsible for helping maintain the Audit and Credit Review relationship.
Each audit assignment encourages the Candidate to apply business, technical and industry knowledge to assess business risk, identify and design risk based tests of key controls, and lead the engagement team in performance of the audit. The candidate will also provide training and coaching to team members on assignments, and the broader Audit team. The candidate should be able to work independently, while exercising judgment in risk based assessments and leading thought leadership activities within the Audit team.
- Annual planning, risk assessment, and scheduling of Audit universe relative to risk management related functions. This may include Corporate Credit Risk Management, Consumer Credit Risk Management, Commercial Credit Risk Management, and Credit Review.
- Direct or lead business process and project audits, focusing on the operational components of risk management.
- Develop engagement planning documentation to communicate rationale for scoping decisions and develop audit program to ensure adequate coverage of risk.
- Communicate audit scope, issues, risks, and recommendations to senior management in written reports and oralpresentations.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key business partners within their assigned area, developing and functioning as a Subject Matter Expert relative to their assigned area on behalf of the broader audit team.
- Coordinate with and support Line of Business Audit teams in the planning and execution of audit assessments.
- Effectively manage and develop direct reports through continuous feedback, coaching, and annual performance review process.
- Design and execute internal control testing for entire audits or large supporting components. Plans, performs and leads audit tasks demonstrating a degree of audit expertise consistent with experience level.
- On audit engagements facilitates teamwork, coordinates and leverages available resources to complete engagements on time. Builds and utilizes relationships outside immediate Audit team to improve overall quality.
- Delivers appropriate, succinct and organized information, tailoring communication style to audience. Effectively reviews and compiles relevant, material findings and recommendations into readable and concise audit reports.
- Communicates complex results and implications, incorporates different perspectives into deliverables. Effectively communicates audit process scope, protocol, issues, risks and recommendations to clients during kick-off, periodic status updates, and exit meetings.
- Demonstrates flexibility in responding to changes in assignment and job responsibility.
- Leverages specialized knowledge and skills, providing management with insight into their area of subject-matter focus. May be called upon to effectively represent internal audit at management meetings, and to some external organizations.
An ideal candidate will have: extensive experience in credit risk management, an understanding of heightened regulatory expectations for "Strong" risk management, and associated guidance relative to Audit's assessment of risk management; demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills; and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 6 years of experience in auditing, at least 6 years of experience in credit risk management, at least 6 years of experience in financial analysis, or a combination
- At least 4 years of operations experience in banking or financial services
- At least 3 years of experience in people management
- At least 3 years of project management experience or at least 3 years of experience managing audit engagements
- Masters Degree in Auditing, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration
- Professional certification such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), or Certified Risk Manager (CRM)
- 5+ years of experience in Credit Risk Management at a large bank or financial services organization
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top