Senior Manager, Compensation
- Plano, TX
Plano Town Center (31064), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Senior Manager, Compensation
Here at Capital One we bring an analytically rigorous, data-driven approach to compensation. We are looking for an innovative compensation professional to lead compensation for the Financial Services Division.
We are looking for candidates who are detailed, results-oriented and flexible with the ability to manage multiple initiatives in a demanding, fast-paced, Agile environment. The role will partner with senior leaders and play an active role formulating the on-going compensation strategy for their client organizations.
The successful candidate will be intellectually curious, have strong communication skills, and an ability to build strong partnerships across stakeholders, partners, and clients. They should display strong business acumen, problem solving skills, and understand how to "connect the dots". This individual is also expected to represent the client's point-of-view in firm wide initiatives and the corporate point-of-view with client groups.
- Lead compensation consulting for the Financial Services business, serving as primary compensation point of contact for HR consultant, executives, and internal partners within client groups of Auto Finance and India
- Design, deliver, and manage compensation programs for assigned client groups, including being an effective challenger to clients as needed
- Manage direct reports, including prioritization within the team to meet client needs
- Exhibit thought leadership within the team, Compensation Community, and Financial Services HR
- Manage all aspects of Line-of-Business (LOB) and Corporate Incentive Plans for designated client groups, with a strong emphasis on plan design, implementation, and administration. Responsibilities also include management and analysis of external market data and ensuring incentive plans meet strict internal and external governance/compliance standards
- Work with internal partners (e.g., HR Consultants, Finance, Legal, Enterprise Risk, Business Analysts) and client group on firm wide programs and/or processes (e.g., regulated staff classification, pay program changes), including conducting in-depth analyses and modeling in support of total compensation scenarios
- Lead mid-year and year-end compensation cycles for assigned client groups, ensuring smooth execution and managing within internal and external controls
- Lead strategic compensation projects, key initiatives or processes horizontally across client groups or FS Compensation team
- Collaborate with recruiters to develop competitive offer packages for external hires
- Apply Agile team practices and principles to deliver results and contribute to team effectiveness
- Effectively guide activities and utilization of analyst resources
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years experience in compensation design, consulting, or management
- At least 5 years of experience in human resources
- At least 5 years of experience in client facing or consulting roles
- At least 2 years of experience with Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or Human Resources
- At least 7+ years of experience in Compensation, Finance, or Human Resources
- At least 5+ years of experience working in the Financial Services industry
- At least 6+ years of experience in client facing or consulting roles
- At least 3 years of experience in excel (VBA, macros, array functions)
- Experience innovating processes or programs
- Experience working with Accounting on incentive accruals
- Experience with benchmarking tools (MarketPay) or reporting tools (Tableau, Business Objects)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top