Senior Manager, Co-Brand Vertical Client Development Team
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager, Co-Brand Vertical Client Development Team
As part of the Co-Brand Vertical Client Development team, you will own the development and execution of customer lifecycle marketing campaigns in direct mail, online, and through print as well as lead strategic development initiatives to sustain and grow for one of our most important partners - Sony.
You'll team with world-class professionals to develop and bring to market strategies that ultimately impact the bottom line. And you will do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning and rewards innovation.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Product ownership of the new produce launches, product enhancements and other customer lifecycle marketing initiatives, prioritization of work for an agile execution pod, and quality assurance; lead the launch of new strategic capabilities and iterate/optimize against existing capabilities
- Initiative leadership, providing intent ownership of strategic marketing initiatives designed to increase existing customer performance through lifecycle marketing; lead decision making necessary to deliver data-driven marketing strategies; partner with Marketing and other internal business partners to execute/deliver against marketing initiatives.
- Relationship management with the Co-Brand partner and internal business partners to ensure timely delivery of reporting and receipt of inputs as well as manage expectations on campaign execution and project management
- Evolving Agile tools and techniques in the execution pod emerging from best practices across the department and the enterprise.
- Collaboration with internal teams including Finance, Legal, Compliance, Technology, Ops, Brand and analyst teams.
The desired experience and skill set for the ideal candidate include:
- Strategic: the candidate will have a proven track record of making holistic assessments of our current state, defining an end state vision, and the audacity to articulate the path to get there. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong orientation towards continuous improvement, given the complexity of our execution environment.
- Strong communication and influencing skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills; expert ability in leading work prioritization to optimize growth and align with strategic vision
- Strong judgment, leadership and integrity: the candidate should be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a responsible approach to business while in a leadership position guiding execution resources; ability to easily identify/articulate problem(s) facing the business and assemble the necessary expertise/resources to design solution(s)
- Clear results orientation: focused on achieving both short and long term goals. He/she should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment while overseeing multiple projects and programs concurrently.
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment.
- 6+ years of job experience. Previous agile and/or analysis experience is a plus.
High performing/high potential Principal Associates are encouraged to post for this position
- Bachelor's degree or Military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in existing customer marketing campaign strategy and development
- At least 5 years of experience in project management or at least 5 years of experience in creative development, or at least 5 years of experience in marketing process management
- At least 2 years of client, partnership or cobrand management experience
- At least 2 year of cross-functional team leadership
- At least 2 year of experience in product ownership or management
- At least 1 year working in an agile execution environment
- Process Engineering experience
- Business and/or data analysis experience
- SQL coding experience a plus
- Tableau / Data Visualization experience a plus
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top