Senior Manager, Card Risk
West Creek 1 (12071), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager, Card Risk
As a Risk Manager on Capital One's Card Risk Team, you will be responsible for working with business partners to identify and consult on potential risks to Capital One. Risk Managers at Capital One are the first line of defense to ensure our Company remains well-managed and profitable.
Risk Managers at Capital One are highly motivated Risk Management professionals with excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills. These skills allow the Risk Manager to gain insights, and act as a change agent to influence their business partners. As Capital One evolves to meet the ever changing technology landscape, so does our Risk Managers. A successful Risk Manager operates from a foundation of knowledge about the Line of Business with whom they are working, laws / regulations and good Risk Management practices. They are forward thinking, quick to adapt, and technologically adept. Risk Managers have a high level of exposure across lines of business and have the opportunity to work with Executives to create and implement innovative solutions to appropriately manage risks within the Card business.
- Consult on Risk to one or more business partners providing advice and guidance as required
- Effectively challenge our business partners, 2nd and 3rd Lines of Defense
- Analyze data to proactively identify risks and trends
- Stay current on the changing regulatory environment and understand the impacts to the business
- Provide oversight and guidance during risk assessments
- Implement Heightened Standards within 1st Line of Defense as relates to risk assessment and documentation practices
- Support ongoing Reg AB and SOX certifications
- High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent Certification
- At least 2 years of Financial Services Compliance or at least 2 years of Risk Management experience
- At least 3 years of experience in Analysis
- At least 2 years of experience in Process Management or at least 2 years of experience in Project Management
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3 years of Financial Services Compliance Risk Management experience
- 5 years of experience in Analysis
- Agile or Design Thinking experience
- Certified Risk Management Assurance (CRMA) or Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM)
- Lean, Agile, Six Sigma, Business Process Management, or Project management certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
JyotisanaSenior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top