Senior Manager (Business Product Management)
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager (Business Product Management)
Do you want to change the world of everyday banking? Do you have an opinion on whether shipping is more important than perfection? Have you geeked out on the possibilities of machine learning when it comes to predictive servicing? Then we want you! As a part of our Machine Learning Portfolio Management team, you'll be joining a passionate team of scrum masters, executives, engineers, analysts and designers. You'll solve complex problems with data, and revel in making significant impacts in an ever-evolving competitive security landscape.
On any given day, you'll be:
- Empowered. Owning the success and life cycle of how capabilities develop, get deployed, get leveraged, and ultimately affect how we service and secure our various customer bases.
- Working with senior management to set and manage the product vision and drive relentlessly towards improvements to risk mitigation and security overall across our enterprise.
- Constantly Learning. Work deeply with technologists, data scientists, and machine learning experts in building cutting edge solutions to speed up decision making, drive new capabilities to fruition, build real-time detection and analysis systems with advanced modeling techniques.
- Collaborating. You will be telling stories that change the way people think about building products and solving problems, and that illustrate the power of what software can do to make them even better.
- Jumpstarting a self-supporting community by sowing the right seeds, building the right tools, integrating the right off-the-shelf products and just plain elbow grease.
- Getting big by starting small.
Responsibilities you will own as a Business Product Manager:
- Aligned to 1-3 Products in the overarching Product Portfolio
- Drive Product Roadmaps through deep understanding of customer needs to prioritize backend functionality as well as frontends that customers leverage
- Collaborates with Product Tech Leads to ensure Product solutions adhere to and maximize benefits of Portfolio architecture and adhere to technical best practices
- Building eminence and awareness of our Products / Portfolio inside and outside Capital One, whether by attending conferences, writing blog posts, building white papers
- Understand technical resourcing needs and scout talent to carry out Product Portfolio vision.
- Build insanely rapid prototypes individually (or with small informal teams) to prove out concepts quickly outside of normal Sprint cadence.
Here is what you will bring to the table:
- Curious. You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea, or follow an email chain for weeks to find someone with an answer
- Do-er. You have a bias toward action, you try things, and sometimes you fail. You dug up a hidden feature in an API that let you do something really cool. You obsess about shipping, or started a company meme that lasted for months
- Passionate. You care about growing others and bringing them together around what's possible. You've started meetup groups or taught General Assembly courses because you love enabling others
- Communicator. You can communicate complex ideas clearly, your team knows their priorities and why they're doing what they're doing. Maybe you're an introvert, or maybe you're an extrovert, but nobody accuses you of keeping them out of the loop
- Creative in execution. You can work with highly motivated and seasoned executives to flush out strategic goals and vision, and then bring that to the table and creatively turn it into a vision that resonates with customers and engineers tasked with bringing that vision into reality.
- Fearless. Big, undefined problems don't frighten you. You can work at a tiny crack until you've broken open the whole nut
Here is what we will bring to the table:
- Competitive salary (including a robust 401(k) plan)
- Excellent medical and dental insurance (and other health benefits)
- Superstar product, design, data and engineering leaders (PayPal, Google, Gilt, Adaptive Path)
- Top class engineering teams that you will lead and build product with
- Dedication to growing the team (Continuous learning budget, investment in team building, and a career model based on finding the right fit instead of forcing a square peg in a round hole)
- Highly supportive and "bought in" leadership environment
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience with software product delivery and management
- At least 1 year of experience in creating back-end products for external consumptions, such as REST APIs
- At least 2 years of experience working in an Agile development team
- At least 2 years experience working with Data Scientists or with Machine Learning applications
- At least 1 year experience working with digital industry for consumers
- At least 2 years of experience working with cross-functional teams to deliver consumer experience or core product platforms
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top