Senior Manager, Big Data
McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager, Big Data
We are looking for driven individuals to join our team of passionate software and data engineers in creating Capital One's next generation of data products and capabilities. The team is utilizing big data to transform and filter credit card account information. This information is used by various decision models for various services, including credit limits.
- You will manage teams of software and data engineers who will build data pipeline frameworks to automate high-volume and real-time data delivery for our Spark and streaming data hub
- You will transform complex analytical models in scalable, production-ready solutions
- You will continuously integrate and ship code into our cloud production environments
- You will develop cloud based applications from the ground up using a modern technology stack
- You will work directly with Product Owners and customers to deliver data products in a collaborative and agile environment
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 8 years of experience in software development or data engineering
- At least 3 years of people management experience with direct reports
- 10+ years of experience with software development or data engineering
- 5+ years of people management experience with direct reports
- 3+ years of experience with building and maintaining big data applications using open source software like Spark or Hadoop
- AWS Certification or experience with a cloud technology
- Experience with application container tools like Docker or Kubernetes
At this time, Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position
Back to top