Senior Manager, AWS Engineering
Benjamin Franklin (18052), United States of America, Wilmington, Delaware
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager, AWS Engineering
We're Capital One. Yep, the "What's in your wallet?" people. But we are oh so much more than that. Did you know we're a full service bank? Checking accounts, savings accounts, mortgages, and car loans. We could tell you more, but you're going to check out our web site anyway, right?
Here are some of our favorites:
Capital One has a history of disrupting, and we are doing it again. We're experimenting, innovating, and delivering really cool stuff to 65 million customers. We love to be curious, to dream, to ask, "What if?" Oh, and we love to write code.
This position is for a dynamic and strategic leader who can join teams that are already performing, and start making a difference from day one. In this role as a Senior Manager, you will provide technology leadership, guiding architectural and design decisions. You must be able to provide career coaching and support for team members to develop their technical, business and interpersonal professional skills. You'll be able to identify and remove impediments, while successfully driving towards key initiatives. Building and maintaining strong relationships, earning and maintaining confidence with both customers and business leaders are critically important responsibilities. A clear and crisp communication style will establish realistic expectations for all stakeholders.
As an Engineering Manager, you will provide technical guidance and leadership to the Agile teams while being hands on in Site Reliability Engineering work as needed. Removing technical impediments, designing the platform/application implementations with cutting edge technologies and leading a successful team are core parts of responsibilities. This position requires working in fast paced environment which needs realigning priorities and changing strategies for successful implementation of business requirements.
• Execution - Deliver on-time with high bar of quality our engineering solutions
• Must be able to work and influence a large number of cross functional teams
• Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and learn from other members of the engineering community
• Experience in driving new tools and processes to agile teams
• Proven expertise in adopting innovation at workplace
• Excellent leadership and communication skills
• Have a growth mindset with the ability to adopt new practices and spearhead adoption
• Proficiency with standard ITIL processes, including Change, Incident, and Release management
Position Provides Exposure to:
• DevOps/Platforms: Amazon Web Service (S3, RDS, EC2, Lambda, SQS, SNS, DynamoDB, CloudFormation, etc), Chef, Docker, Ansible
• Automation Testing: Selenium, Cucumber, ATDD, Protractor, Karma, Automated Performance and Regression/Functional Testing
• CI/CD: Jenkins, Nexus, Artifactory
• Build/SCM Tools: Maven, Gradle, Grunt, Gulp, Git, NPM
• DB/Data Platforms: Kafka, Storm, MongoDB, Hadoop, Spring XD/Spring Batch
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering
- At least 3 years' experience developing applications embracing Agile principles
- At least 5 years' with large-scale infrastructure designs, implementation, and support
- At least 3 years' experience with Cloud based hosting solutions (AWS-EC2/S3, Azure, Google Cloud)
- At least 1-2 years of experience working on UNIX/LINUX platforms
- At least 1-2 years of experience with UNIX scripting (ksh) or perl
- Active AWS certification
- Manage AWS resource stack (EC2, ELB) via CloudFormation
- Strong in Ansible and scripting languages (Shell and Python at minimum)
- Strong in both Linux and Windows environments
- S3 bucket administration (ACLs, policies, LifeCycle, replication)
- Manage Security Groups for EC2 instances, knowledge of IGW, routes, and ACLs
- Working knowledge of modern application monitoring tools (New Relic, Splunk, Elk, etc.)
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top