Senior Manager - Audit Practices
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager - Audit Practices
Corporate Audit Services (CAS), the Internal Audit function within Capital One, is a dedicated group of audit professionals focused on delivering top quality assurance services to the organization's Audit Committee. The CAS department is considered one of the leading internal audit functions within the financial services industry and is highly regarded within Capital One. CAS professionals are experienced, well-trained and credentialed, and operate within a collaborative, agile environment to deliver value-added opinions and recommendations.
CAS is seeking an energetic, self-motivated Audit Senior Manager to join the Audit Practices team. The Audit Practices team oversees quality assurance, methodology, training, operations, Board reporting and process improvements.
The Audit Practices Senior Manager will be responsible for leading the forward-looking CAS audit methodology framework and processes for the department that include continued development and improvement of audit methodology framework and related policies, standards, procedures, processes, tools and templates.
- Actively monitor industry trends, develop new audit methodology, design new processes, improve existing practices, and provide communication and training to the department to implement changes
- Designing and oversee best-in-class operational processes of moderate to high complexity and effectively leverage available data and analytical tools to come up with innovative solutions
- Communicate complex results and implications, while incorporating different perspectives into final deliverable
- Ability to deliver appropriate, succinct and organized work product, tailoring communication style to audience
- Provide input to the development of the quality assurance and improvement plan and provide consultation to CAS associates on the appropriate application of audit methodology
- Develop and deliver methodology related training to the department
- Lead process improvement efforts on behalf of the department, including special projects
- Ability to exercise latitude for initiative, prioritize a significant volume of work, and independent judgment
- Demonstrate flexibility in responding to changes in business need
- Leverage available data and analytical tools during execution and delivery; seek opportunities to automate and simplify processes
The ideal teammate candidate will possess:
- Ability to navigate ambiguous situations to drive and execute an agenda in a fluid environment
- Clear results orientation and focus on achieving both short and long term goals
- Strong communication and presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Strategic influencing and interpersonal skills; focus on building strong relationships with business partners and driving consensus
- Ability to balance operating independently with appropriate escalation and interaction with senior leadership
- Strong judgment and critical thinking skills; ability to ground proposals with data and facts
- Learning agility and a focus on continuous process improvement; openness to new ideas
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
As one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For," you can look forward to coming to work every day with a team of people that are committed to excellence and doing the right thing.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 6 years of experience in auditing, at least 6 years of experience in risk management, at least 6 years of experience in compliance, at least 6 years of experience in accounting, or a combination
- At least 3 years of experience in project management or at least 3 years of experience in research and data analysis, or at least 3 years of experience in writing complex written deliverables
- Master's degree in Accounting, Master of Business Administration, Master's degree in Finance or Master's degree in Economics
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- 3+ years of experience in financial services
- 3+ years of experience performing industry research or data analysis in support of internal auditing
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top