Senior Learning Manager
West Creek 1 (12071), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Learning Manager
Senior Manager, Learning and Development
This Senior Manager role will lead the learning and development solutions for our global Credit Card Customer Experience organization. We have a very robust learning program for this associate population, also known as our Contact Center group. It is both broad and complex. This individual will thrive in an environment where multiple programs and a variety of business partners are involved, and will navigate those dynamics and complexities well. This individual will be responsible for the successful delivery of training, strategy design, and process innovation. This critical leadership position will build relationships with HR Consultants and Line of Business Leaders to consult on the successful implementation, delivery, and evaluation of our large portfolio of programs.
We want someone to come to the table with an innovative mindset and forward leaning ideas that can continue to help the programs grow and succeed. The best candidate will be passionate about technology and shaking up the way we work to deliver an incredible associate experience.
In this role you will:
- Lead a highly dynamic team of delivery staff for the successful implementation, delivery, and evaluation of frontline agent training programs.
- Provide strategic direction and coaching for team; contribute to the growth and development of internal team members by sharing new learning techniques and best practices in the learning industry.
- Anticipate and meet the training and development needs of a global workforce, and contribute to talent development where the organization most needs it.
- Manage large learning projects.
- Manage the certification process for training delivery in internal and outsourced call centers.
- Oversee the process of handling classroom logistics for internal call centers.
- Demonstrate the value and impact of learning by using metrics that are meaningful to business, and using data analysis to measure the effectiveness and efficiency of the learning experience.
- Monitor the work of other learning resources working on mutual projects and provide feedback, coaching and guidance as needed.
- Develop and nurture collaborative relationships with key internal stakeholders in support of Capital One's lines of business within the credit card contact center organization.
- Regularly meet with internal business clients to fully understand their business strategies and learning needs, and proactively identify opportunities for integrated learning solutions.
- Actively provide thought leadership to line of business leaders by knowing their day-to-day business and responding to learning requests.
- Work with Subject Matter Experts, stakeholders, and Learning & Development team to fill performance and development gaps using adult learning methodologies and training techniques.
- Take industry analysis, user feedback, analytics and best practices into consideration when driving program strategy.
- Stay abreast of new and emerging technologies and vendor solutions by matching the appropriate technology to a specific learning opportunity or challenge.
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- Learning agility: curiosity and aptitude to learn new things, models openness and applies learnings, and seeks insight over information
- Horizontal thinking: finds solutions that contribute to greater goals outside of own area, and uses one's subject matter expertise to influence broadly
- Transformational leadership: nurtures an inclusive culture, elevates others, attracts/retains game-changers, empowers self-directed teams, shares context, removes obstacles, influences and inspires, leads through others, and possesses and leads across a broad set of skills
- Vision for the future: outcome-focused, works back from delighting customers/partners, optimistic and future-focused, and skillful change leader
- Drives breakthrough results: swings for the fences - bold invention and stop the incremental improvement, works in short iterations with a bias toward prototyping and learning, over-delivers to goals, despite external forces, makes timely, grounded decisions and takes action, and drives simplicity to ensure operational excellence, and above all, a reverence for risk management
- Blend of strategic and tactical thinking, creative and analytic reasoning.
- Serve as subject matter expert, contributing practitioner, thought leader, career guide and mentor to teams.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and work in a highly team oriented environment.
- Collaborative, team player attitude with the ability to navigate and influence the organization.
- Regularly and systematically use data to uncover opportunities, track product performance, and drive decision making.
- Ability to combine a strong quantitative background to support data-informed decision making with gut-based decisions.
- Entrepreneurial ability to identify and prioritize opportunities in highly ambiguous contexts.
- Support and contribute to program curriculum strategy and development (learning events, networking).
- Manage and implement all program development modules, continuing collaborating with Program Coordinator to ensure effective management of program.
- Set strategy for program dates, space needs and required resources.
- Prep Executive Speakers and Instructors for the learning events.
- Track record of defining strategy, creating advocacy/alignment and being accountable for outcomes.
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- Training 101 certification or American Society for Training and Development (ATD) certification
- At least 3 years of experience managing the execution of leadership development programs
- At least 3 years of experience working in the learning and development industry
- At least 3 years of experience in learning consultation
- At least 3 years of experience in learning curriculum design and development
- Bachelor's Degree in Adult Education, Human Resources, Industrial Psychology or Organizational Development
- Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP), Leadership Development Certification Program (LDCP), Leadership Development & Succession Strategist (LDSS) Certification, Professional in Human Resources (PHR) Certification, or similar certification
- Member of American Society for Training and Development (ATD)
- At least 5 years of Experience in Training Design, Development, and Facilitation
- At least 5 years of experience in Client consulting, Project Management, and Training evaluation practices
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top