Senior Learning and Talent Development Consultant
Nottingham Trent House (95002), United Kingdom, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Learning and Talent Development Consultant
We are seeking an experienced Learning and Development professional to take a lead role in transforming our organizational talent development offer. We provide class room training, online learning and other incredible development experiences but have a desire to develop an award winning development programme specifically targeted to our top talent. We are looking for an experienced individual who is passionate and knowledgeable about talent development and keen to shake up the way we work. Consulting to solve the learning needs of our business, you will partner with internal customers and external suppliers to source, design and deliver a new exciting talent development programme.
You will be responsible for the design, development and delivery of learning experiences for our talented associates through varied channels and learning modalities. You will be experienced in developing blended learning solutions and will have had exposure to emerging learning technologies and approaches across all disciplines
You will be expected to design and manage effective processes, use data management to assess delivery and to initiate improvement. You will collaborate closely with internal and external suppliers, US colleagues with HR associates and the wider business to deliver first-class development and career enhancing learning experiences.
In this role, you will:
- Source, develop and manage knock your socks off talent development programme, creatively combining e-learning, class room training, video and other cutting-edge learning approaches.
- Drive the transformation of the current curriculum to deliver exceptionally engaging blended development experiences
- Partner with our administration providers and manage the flawless execution and of all development interactions.
- Manage the learning and development supplier portfolio and partner with procurement to engage new suppliers where appropriate
- Build and nurture relationships with other learning leads and SME's in the US and tap into resources already available in the wider US Organisaton
- Work on individual and team projects, own and solve problems, partner to design and implement new programmes
- Measure impact - you will measure programme outcomes, track and iterate accordingly and share progress with stakeholders.
- Have a detail focus, be a trouble shooter and ready to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
Our ideal teammate is someone who:
- Is a dynamic learning professional with a passion for creating a talent development programme fit for the future using blended learning solutions and the full spectrum of channels
- Has experience of emerging technologies and learning approaches across all disciplines
- Thinks creativity and innovates to solve problems.
- Is a team player and confident working autonomously
- Develops successful working relationships with internal and external suppliers, so that we become the partner of choice
- Understands instructional design process
- Able to prioritise work effectively
- Thrives in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Agile and adaptive
- Has excellent stakeholder management skills and is able to influence through the organisation, right up to the top!
- Able to dig into details as well as understand the big picture
- Works collaboratively, with a can-do approach and solution-oriented mindset
- Growth oriented, with the desire to continuously learn and improve themselves and the curriculum we offer
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top