Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
• Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
• Continuously improve software engineering practices
• Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
• Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
• Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
• Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
• Bachelor's Degree or military experience
• At least 5 years of experience in software development
• At least 3 years of OOP experience
• At least 5 years of experience with jQuery, HTML and CSS
• At least 1 year of experience with AngularJS (version 1.6 or above), React.js, Backbone.js or Ember.js
• At least 3 years of experience with relational databases
• At least 1 year of experience in network diagnostics and using network analytics tools
• Master's Degree
• 2+ years of experience with Node.js
• 2+ years of experience working with AWS based applications
• 5+ years of experience in Agile practices
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top