Senior Java Engineer
Plano 5 (31065), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Java Engineer
Capital One Plano campus sits in the middle of the "tech hub" that Plano, TX has become. With industry-leading technology and innovations, world class benefits, exponential career growth, leadership and servitude across the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex and surrounding communities, we are continuing to grow as we serve a variety of domains within the financial services industry.
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Servicing team within Financial Services ( #FStech )!
The Tech Stack:
Java / J2EE, Spring Boot, Amazon Web Services (AWS) stack (EC2, S3, ECS, and RDS to name a few), Docker, Jenkins, Kafka, and much more!
Why Should I Apply?
- You're going to be working on the most visible project happening within technology across Capital One!
- To be the person who not only took on the challenge of eliminating legacy applications and on-premises data centers, but you'll be replacing them with the bleeding-edge technologies in a cloud-based environment (Amazon Web Services)!
- You'll become the key contributor for revolutionizing and transforming the Financial Servicing Experience, which will unlock opportunities for growth throughout Capital One!
- You'll be in prime position for taking your career where you want to take it!
- You're encouraged to learn new technologies, experiment, innovate, and grow!
- You will assist in driving the design and architecture with limited oversight
- You are someone who sees a technical challenge, and not only can solve it, but you will solve it!
- You work well under pressure and timelines with an eye for strategy and the ability to deliver solutions
- You aren't afraid to take on additional responsibility, in fact, you thrive on " going the extra mile "
If we're talking to you, please continue reading and apply today!
- Strong experience in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) technology stack
- Are an open-source software expert with a core foundation in Java programming
- Extensive experience with Streaming Platforms like Kafka
- Extensive experience in NoSQL and RDMS database(s) and cloud transformation projects
- At least 5 years of experience full-stack Java software development
- At least 2 years' experience with AWS
- At least 2 years' experience with Spring Boot
- At least 1 year of experience in Streaming Platform
- At least 1 year of experience in NoSQL databases
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- 7+ years' experience with full-stack Java / J2EE development
- At least 2 years' experience with Kafka
- At least 1 year of experience in Cassandra
- At least 1 year of experience in Postgres
- At least 1 year of experience in Angular (TypeScript) or AngularJS
7933 Preston Rd.
Plano, TX 75024
Back to top