Senior Java Developer (Full-Stack)
Plano 6 (31066), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Java Developer (Full-Stack)
Senior Full-Stack Java Developer
The Tech Stack:
Java / J2EE, Spring Boot, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Angular 4.x (TypeScript), RESTful WebServices, MicroServices, Containerization with Docker
Capital One is looking for a Senior Full-Stack Java Developer, who will bring a passion and a strong sense of ownership in full lifecycle software development in a cloud environment.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- are self-motivated
- bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- drive design, implementation, testing, and release in an agile environment, using modern methodologies and open source tools
- lead and deliver the most elegant and scalable solutions, whether it's for a complex new feature or a simple bug fix
- build a complete application from the database development to the front-end / UI with nothing more than a conceptual understanding, and visual designs, as needed.
- constantly learn and grow your skills.
- work well and collaborate with a nimble, autonomous, cross-functional team of makers, breakers, doers, and disruptors who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs.
- work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- bring your passion and expertise in "best practices" of web application architecture, with a focus on the extensibility of a growing front-end codebase
- encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, "outside-of-the-box" thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- own and perform application testing, validation, and documentation.
- document design decisions and develop software components, adhering to existing process guidelines.
- coordinate software installation and monitor implementation process.
- monitor system performance trends and identify potential issues.
- serve as an expert and knowledge source for the escalation of complex application design and development issues.
- present complex IT concepts and project metrics to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- identify opportunities for improvement.
- At least 7 years of experience full-stack software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- At least 5 years' experience with Java / J2EE development
- At least 2 years' experience with core Spring framework
- At least 1 year experience with AngularJS
- At least 1 year of AWS cloud experience
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- Master's Degree
- 8+ years' experience with full-stack Java / J2EE development
- 3+ years' experience with Spring Boot development
- At least 3 years' experience with Angular 2.x, 4.x, 5.x, or 6.x (TypeScript)
- At least 2 years' experience development with AWS
- At least 2 years' experience developing in Agile / Scrum methodology
- Experience with containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, or other)
7933 Preston Rd.
Plano, TX 75024
Back to top