Senior Full Stack Java Developer
West Creek 8 (12080), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Full Stack Java Developer
Occasionally in your career, an opportunity comes to accomplish something truly unique and spectacular. For about a decade, Capital One credit card has been building best-in-class open-standards based middleware to support our business. We recently made a bold strategic decision to become a trailblazer in both the financial industry and the enterprise technology industry as a whole by declaring that we will reinvent our enterprise using best-in-class open source technology operating in the public cloud.
Right now our card technology team is creating some exciting enhancements for our customer payment experience, and now is the time to join! To make these enhancements, we are looking for a Full Stack Developer to build from grounds up our full stack in a modern microservice architecture in the cloud. Long term, our Full Stack Developer would grow to take ownership of layering in machine learning to impact real time decisions for our card member's customer experience.
At Capital One, our Developers utilize Agile Delivery practices and are responsible for end-to-end delivery of micro-services (feature grooming, design, development, testing, and implementation) along with managing and owning the ongoing application maintenance and operations (You Build, You Own).
For this role, as a Full Stack Developer, you would be responsible for:
- Working with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Working within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full stack of development tools and technologies
- Leading the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bringing a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encouraging innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Leading and/or mentor a team of engineers
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 5 years of experience with Java Enterprise Edition (EE) or other Object Oriented Programming (OOP) language for middleware and backend service development
- 3+ years of experience developing RESTful APIs using either Spring or Jersey
- 3+ years of experience in one of the following: MS SQL, Oracle, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, No-SQL, MongoDB, or DynamoDB
- 3+ years' experience in one of the following Cloud technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Google, OpenStack
- 5+ years' experience in one of the following Build and CI/CD technologies: lSVN, GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus or Sonar, Docker, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- 5+ Years' experience in one of the following Quality Assurance technologies: ATDD, Selenium, Cucumber, JUnit, SoapUI and Postman
- 5+ years' experience in Unix Shell Scripting
- 4+ years' experience with one of the following: HP Diagnostics, JMeter, Splunk, BlueStripe, CloudWatch or Zabbix
- 3+ years' experience with one of the following Agile methodologies: Scrum, SAFe, and/or Kanban
- Formal certification in one of the following: Java, Spring, or AWS
- 2+ years' experience in Web/UI development and testing including: HTML, CSS, AngularJS/NodeJS
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top