Senior Full Stack Engineer
- Richmond, VA
West Creek 1 (12071), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Full Stack Engineer
Capital One's Card Technology teams are hiring and we are looking for a talented Senior Full Stack Software Engineer with a passion for object oriented programming, cloud and microservice architecture, and a zeal for learning to join the team!
Our Software Engineers work in a "You Build, You Own" full stack environment supporting an exciting and innovative tech stack composed of: Java, Golang, Python, REST APIs, Kubernetes, Terraform, Jenkins, Docker, and AWS cloud. We are looking for engineers with an interest in learning these technologies and diving right into the development with our engineering team. Come join us on our exciting journey!
In this role, you will:
- Enhance your robust portfolio on GitHub and continue to share Open Source contributions
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5 years of Java development experience
- At least 3 years of experience developing REST APIs
- At least 3 years of experience working in an Agile environment
- At least 2 years of experience with AWS
- 3+ years of experience with AWS
- 3+ years of microservices architecture
- 2+ years of experience in DevOps using CI/CD tools and processes: Jenkins, Maven, Ansible, Docker
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top