Senior Full Stack Engineer
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Full Stack Engineer
You will have opportunities to….
- Change how the payments industry works
- Learn and implement technologies that will support low latency, highly available financial products
- Build secure applications on the cloud infrastructure
- Implement applications that will sustain failures gracefully and self heal, delivering unprecedented utility to our customers
- Develop software products that change our customer's lives for the good by delivering effortless digital experiences
- Acquire machine learning skills to implement magical solutions
You will do all of this while working with….
- Highly skilled software engineers and technologist product owners
- Using the infrastructure, platform and programming language that's right solution for the product being developed
- Co-located agile teams, focused on learning and outcomes
- Strong emphasis on learning and teaching
- Build software using inner sourcing principals and practices
- Build a platform as a product
- At least 7 years of software engineering experience
- At least 3 years of Agile Software Development experience working in high speed development environment
- You will have depth of technical knowledge in your area of expertise, and breadth of knowledge in technologies that you will love to explore
- Experience using various technologies - e.g.: Java, GoLang, Spring, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, Fast Data
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top