Senior Full Stack Engineer
1 Broadway (21026), United States of America, Cambridge, Massachusetts
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Full Stack Engineer
Capital One is a technology company, a research laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand with over 65 million customers. We offer a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients - and technology is at the center of everything we do. Capital One was named one of Fortune's 2018 100 Best Companies to Work For the 12th consecutive year! Come learn more about the great opportunities we have to offer!
Capital One has a history of disrupting, and we are doing it again. We're experimenting, innovating, and delivering really cool stuff to 65 million customers. We love to be curious, to dream, to ask, "What if?" Oh, and we love to write code.
We could tell you more, but you're going to check out our website anyway, right?
Here are some of our favorites:
Your commitment to learn new things is every bit as important to us as what you have already done. Maybe even more so because we don't want to be doing the same thing tomorrow that we're doing today. You accept change, want to grow, and evolve into a better member of the team.
Full Stack Engineer
You would step right into a full stack engineering role as we begin building at the ground floor of our Cambridge office where you would focus on building applications that deliver value and drive innovation within the open source environment. You would use your significant experience in full stack development (including APIs, UI, databases, continuous integration & delivery) to build a custom applications and platforms. Your ideas and contributions would have immediate impact on the users of the platform and the applications of Capital One. You should be willing to both continuously learn from and collaborate with your colleagues.
In This Role You Would:
- Craft solutions, write quality code, automate testing and deployment to all environments
- Deliver software components while working in collaboration with product and design teams
- Drive new processes, guidelines and team rules. Be an ambassador of our team culture
- Mentor and raise the game for teammates in all areas
- Research and learn new methodologies and technologies and bring that knowledge to the team
- Participate fully in the Agile Scrum process including speaking up and giving your opinion
Position Provides Exposure To:
- Front-end development using React and Angular
- Back-end development building APIs using Node.js, Postgres, Java, Spring Boot
- DevOps/Platforms: Amazon Web Services, Elasticsearch, Ansible
- Bachelors degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of Full Stack experience
- At least 2 years of experience with backend technologies to include one or more of the following: NodeJS, Python, or Java
- Experience with AWS and a solid foundation with at least one of the following DevOps technologies: Ansible or Chef
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top