Senior Front-End Software Engineer
20 Park Plaza (21007), United States of America, Boston, Massachusetts
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Front-End Software Engineer
The Critical Stack team lives at the intersection of the network, development, and security worlds. We are industry veterans who have been instrumental in defending dozens of global firms as employees, consultants, developers, and mentors.
We're looking for a senior software engineer that is productive, self-motivated, thirsty for knowledge, and wants to make a major impact in the container orchestration space.
- A fearless, can-do attitude - you'll be involved in software and development decisions from conception and design, to shipping your vision into a live production environment.
- 3 years or more working as a professional software engineer, specializing in web applications.
- Strong knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Strong development practices in an rapidly-shipping, Agile team (writing tests, maintaining clean and readable code, and writing supporting documentation) in a professional capacity or within an open source community.
- Experience with an open source architecture and programming on Linux.
- Demonstrated ability to thoughtfully evaluate & choose technologies in designing features and communicate these decisions up and down.
- Good organizational skills and production estimation skills (ability to accurately break down and scope work from user stories in JIRA).
- Own and participate in product and engineering design and decisions in a small, nimble team.
- Build on a modern open source stack using modern development practices - learn about new technologies such as Kubernetes and incorporate them into a world-class product.
- High School Diploma, GED, Equivalent Certification or Military Service
- At least 5 years of experience with product design, delivery, ownership
- At least 5 years' experience in building web application back-end server side scripting
- 5+ years of agile experience
- 5+ years' experience in open source software footprint
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top