Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
We are looking for a Front-End Developer to help deliver on our vision to change banking for good. As a senior developer at Capital One, you'll be responsible for providing your team with the guidance to drive product delivery and working to shape a unified culture through collaboration. You'll be a mentor, sparking discussion between peers to build shared understanding across all levels of skill. As an advocate for the customer and enforcer of UI integrity, you'll work in lock-step with our Product and Design teams toward a shared ownership of the customer experience.
We're looking for someone who is passionate about both software architecture and discovering emerging technologies, and who can deliver accessible and standards-compliant experiences.
What you'll do:
- Support quality code by writing unit & end-to-end testing
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Mentor others to build shared understanding of the product intent
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Design, develop, test, implement, and support technical front-end solutions in a full-stack environment of development tools and technologies
- Promote great architectural practices and process improvements through code reviews
- At least 1 year of Agile experience
- At least 1 year of Understanding of REST API conventions
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience with working front-end technologies and frameworks like Angular, React, Backbone, Node.js, Sass
- At least 1 year of familiarity with static type checkers or at least one typed language
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top