Senior Front End Engineer - React
11 West 19th Street (22008), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Front End Engineer - React
Paribus Engineering Team Overview
We started Paribus in 2014 with the vision of building and becoming the universally trusted agent of online consumers. To achieve this, we develop software that understands how consumers spend and acts on opportunities to get them their time and money back. Today, over one million families trust us to save time and money on purchases that they are already making.
We're a highly-collaborative engineering-focused team made up of makers, designers and founders. Our experiences range from building App Store topping hits to optimizing Google's search algorithms to scaling infrastructure for the world's largest hospitals. We love solving hard problems that have a major impact, and we're looking for passionate engineers who are ready to hit the ground running on day one. In 2016, we joined forces with Capital One to accelerate bringing our product to the masses. We now have the ability to deliver a transformative product to tens of millions of people.
Our team loves building scalable systems, designing intuitive user interfaces, Natural Language Processing, Machine learning, efficient algorithms and shipping things fast.
Check out https://paribus.co to find out more about what we do.
What you'll do:
• Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
• Own a core part of the codebase and continuously improve software engineering practices
• Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
• Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
• Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
• Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
• At least 3 years of experience in software development
• At least 2 years of experience with Angular or React
• 4+ years of experience in software development
• 4+ years of experience of Angular or React
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top