Senior Front End Developer
Plano 6 (31066), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Front End Developer
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers.
At Capital One, you'll be part of a group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask "what if"?
As a Senior Front End Developer , you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks. You will drive the design, implementation, testing, deployment, and post-release support in an agile application development environment. You will execute on engineering and release priorities successfully through strong leadership and communication. Whether a bug fix or an awesome feature, you will own your work and deliver the most elegant and scalable solutions.
What you will do:
- Work as part of forward leaning team of makers to design and develop software solutions
- Research competing platforms and contribute to the product development process
- Drive innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development
- Demonstrate strong technical ability, awareness and track record of proposing and integrating technologies and solutions
- Maintain all-round view of solution, understanding both business and technical challenges and functional and non-functional needs of solution
- Provide technical leadership to the design, development/implementation, and testing of business solutions, integrating legacy and new technologies
- Work with the developers, quality engineers product managers and subject matter experts to design and develop end-to-end solution options
- Develop and recommending novel and innovative approaches to solving business and technical problems.
- Keep up-to-date on new technology, standards, protocols and tools in areas relevant to the rapidly changing digital environment
- Prepare and present potential technical solutions and advising the business on the technical and business value of the proposition
- Actively participate in internal and external Communities of Practice
Who you are:
- You yearn to be part of cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering world-class solutions on an aggressive schedule
- Someone who is not intimidated by challenges; thrives even under pressure; is passionate about their craft; and hyper focused on delivering exceptional results
- Passionate about intuitive and engaging user interfaces, as well as new/emerging concepts and techniques in web design
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in user interface development
- At least 2 years of experience using Angular JS
- At least 2 years of experience in HTML5
- At least 2 years of experience in CSS3
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- At least 3 years of experience in full stack development
- At least 1 year of experience with source control tools and practices
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top