Senior Financial Analyst
NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Financial Analyst
TITLE: Senior Financial Analyst
LEVEL: Senior Associate
LOCATION: New York, NY
Perform financial analysis for various segments of the Commercial Bank. Create financial reports for senior leadership as well as perform analysis for many ad-hoc projects. Responsible for helping to manage the Commercial Bank P&L by developing forecasts, conducting variance analysis and advising the business on performance.
Role requires the candidate to be very results focused and have strong communication, problem solving, and influencing skills in order to effectively:
- Create expense and headcount forecasts for a business within the Commercial Bank
- Assist in the management of the overall Commercial Bank P&L.- Develop a strong relationship with business partners to become a truly trusted advisor and member of the team
- Conduct variance analysis and develop relevant insights on what is driving those variances.- Develop presentations that 'tell the story' instead of just presenting the financials
- Communicate with senior leadership (both within Finance and the business)
- Financial reporting and analysis, including budgeting, forecasting, and variance analysis
- Financial reporting includes understanding the financial system, extracting the data, building forecasts understanding the drivers of variances and trends
- Create and maintain various financial models and validate the data integrity of those models
- Development of presentations to communicate the financial analysis to senior audiences including the Commercial CFO as well as various senior business partners
- Ad-hoc requests and special projects.- Development of business cases as the needs arise
- Independently manage and prioritize workload.- Participate in training and other Commercial team activities
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years' experience in financial analysis
- At least 2 years' experience with financial modeling
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA) or Master's Degree in Finance
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) license or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
- 3+ years' experience in financial analysis
- 3+ years' experience with financial modeling
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or [email protected]
All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
UX Design Researcher
At Capital One’s user research lab facility, The Garage, in Plano, Texas, Michelle tests usability, examines customer behavior, and constructs the best customer-centered home and auto loan products.
Back to top