Senior Event & Root Cause Analyst
Nottingham Trent House (95002), United Kingdom, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Event & Root Cause Analyst
As Senior Event & Root Cause Analyst you will be a dynamic and resourceful individual with great coordination, problem solving and influencing skills. You will be responsible for the day to day management of the critical business process Manage Events and Root Cause.
You will independently provide expert advice to facilitate the recovery of Events and identify associated causes.
- Execute the UK Event Management Programme to meet Policy and Customer requirements
- Manage potential and confirmed events, challenging business areas to ensure remediation and containment actions are sufficient to address any potential customer detriment and deliver fair outcomes for customers
- Challenge business areas to ensure remediation is robust enough to prevent reoccurrence
- Facilitation of event meetings and root cause analysis sessions
- Maintaining up to date records of Event progress in the workflow management tool, JIRA
- Ensure the Event is documented in PRIME and meets Field Completion and Quality Assurance Guidance documentation requirements, including storage of event documentation
- Escalate potential issues in a timely manner
- Provide communication channels to notify associates of issues or changes in event management or third party management procedures that might affect their activities
- Drive a risk management culture, which includes:
- Ensure that impacts on business area risks and controls are fully understood and documented following an event
- Ensure proper controls are in place and are properly executed to mitigate risk identified through the event, issue and root cause analysis and corrective action process
- Partner with the departmental SME's, BROs and key stakeholders to ensure agreed improvements are implemented
- Actively use event data as a trigger of control reviews and broader learnings shared across COEP
- Produce reporting for governance forums
- Review themes and trends, providing insight to business areas including suggested improvements
- Support business wide lookback sessions and broader reporting activities
Key skills and experience:
- Skill/experience to be an exceptional business coach in relation to effective change control including test design and monitoring and impact assessments
- Strong problem solving ability with proven background in Operational Readiness
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Ability to lead tactically and strategically
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Strong problem solving abilities and sound judgement
- Organised and able to deal with multiple and changing priorities, works well under pressure
- Recent previous risk management or incident management experience or similar preferred
- Professional qualifications in Risk Management desirable
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top