Senior Director, Total Rewards Lead
McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Director, Total Rewards Lead
We are proactively looking for an innovative experienced Total Rewards professionals for Capital One's business lines or key Client groups.. You will partner with senior business and HR leaders and play an active role in formulating the on-going rewards philosophy and strategy for the businesses in order to promote employee engagement, effective hiring, and employee retention by delivering competitive and equitable reward programs that balance both risk and reward.
This individual will represent the client's point-of-view in key corporate initiatives and the corporate point-of-view with client groups. The Associate hired into this role should be collaborative, innovative, detailed, results oriented and flexible with the ability to manage multiple projects in a demanding, fast-paced environment within a highly matrixed and virtual environment.
- Implements and manages rewards philosophy, methodology, programs and guidelines for assigned line of business to help attract and retain highly talented associates and encourage excellence in performance.
- Maintains strategic focus on building strong relationships with key customers, understanding the business and delivering quality services and products that continue to evolve and support key business needs.
- Consults with HR Leads, HR Business Consultants and business leaders on the alignment of reward programs with business strategies and issues of pay
- Leads reward efforts via a team (of direct and indirect reports) to provide value-add consultative services to business and HR leaders; manages the International Reward community for development and sharing opportunities
- Develops and provides consistent tools and guidance to International teams - inventory programs across all countries - and proactively reviews and optimizes the use of programs globally
- Conducts global vendor reviews to ensure vendor use is optimized across the International footprint
- Manages International governance model to enable well managed programs that are risk balanced
- Manages global salary survey selection and appropriate use of market data; drives well-managed local benchmarking efforts, including strategy and methodology, survey selection, special studies, market intelligence, etc.
- Keeps abreast of global market trends
- Manages global annual rewards cycles including merit, bonus, LTI and promotion payouts; conduct global merit budget and economic analysis working with each country to establish final merit budget; conducts appropriate modeling including the creation of merit matrices; provides global tools and manage global reporting
- Manages deep analysis on effectiveness and competitiveness of existing reward programs and model potential impact of alternatives
- Provides guidance on cross-border transfers
- Manages job architecture (job codes/titles/attributes), salary structures and incentive targets; provide guidance on creating new jobs, job attributes, structure and target reviews and movement
- Consults on Line of Business incentive plan governance and local incentive plan design; influence on global best practices
- Provides guidance on corporate-wide policy and represents business needs to ensure policies are aligned and appropriate
- Facilitates special projects such as pay-for-performance analysis, HR dashboards, complex statistical analyses, data modeling, and gathering and analysis of market data and trends
- Contracts larger scale programs with HR and/or business leadership (prioritization, timing, resources, budget, etc.)
- Influences when major adjustments to design and approach are needed to stay ahead of emerging needs/trends or global governance
- Provides thought leadership on compensation and related topics both within the Corporate Compensation community and with clients
- Partners with the broader Compensation function on the development of firm-wide initiatives
- Leads key horizontal compensation projects, key initiatives and processes globally across the Card Compensation team and HR teams
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 7 years of experience in Compensation
- At least 5 years of experience in client-facing consulting roles
- At least 5 years of project management experience
- Bachelor's Degree in one of the following fields: Accounting, Statistics, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, or Human Resources
- Master's Degree in related field
- CCP - Certified Compensation Professional
- At least 5 years of experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- At least 10 of years of experience in Compensation
- At least 7 years of experience in client-facing consulting roles
- At least 5 years of experience working within highly-matrixed environments
- Experience in Financial Services or Technology industry
- Strong analytical skills and advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong project management skills including proven ability to manage multiple projects with short deadlines and effectively managing stakeholders
- Knowledge of relevant laws/regulations relating to compensation internationally
- International experience working with colleagues and clients in one or more of the following countries: Canada, United Kingdom, India, or Philippines
- People management experience in leading and managing compensation talent
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to think independently
- Strong analysis/quantitative skills and the ability to translate analysis into actionable tasks
- Great organizational skills and flexibility to perform under multiple deadlines
- Proven judgment skills and ability to influence
- Client-focused, proactive, and results-focused orientation with ability to support clients across multiple locations
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top