Senior Director, Technology Controls Program
- McLean, VA
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Senior Director, Technology Controls Program
As a Senior Director in Capital One's Tech Risk team, you will apply your leadership and analytical skills to our highest profile Risk Management efforts. You will act as a thought leader working across the business to develop and implement cutting edge Risk solutions to ensure Capital One's continued success. Senior Directors in Capital One's Risk Management organization partner with executives and Line of Business, Compliance and Legal associates to develop and implement well-managed risk practices in an open, collaborative environment.
Risk Management Senior Directors at Capital One are highly motivated risk and process management professionals with excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills. These skills allow the Senior Director to gain insights, and act as a change agent to influence their business partners. As Capital One evolves to meet the ever-changing technology landscape, so do our risk managers. Being successful includes operating from a foundation of knowledge about the Line of Business with whom they are working, laws, regulations, processes and associated controls, and sound risk management practices. They are forward thinking, quick to adapt, and technologically adept.
Senior Directors have a high level of exposure across lines of business and have the opportunity to work with executives to create and implement innovative solutions to appropriately manage risks within Technology.
The ideal candidate will be a highly-motivated risk or process management professional with excellent process improvement and communication skills and expert-level skills and experience in technology controls. The candidate will understand and have the ability to drive improvements to the technology controls management lifecycle, be detail-oriented and results focused, and will have a proven record of problem solving and collaborating with others, including direct and indirect leadership positions.
- Leads work related to Capital One's technology controls program, working with first line of defense Technology and Cyber teams, Lines of Business, and with second line of defense risk management teams
- Supports interactions with Internal Audit and Regulatory agencies related to our work, as applicable
- Monitors the risk landscape to proactively identify potential risks to the business and stays current on the changing regulatory environment
- Works with business partners to develop and implement controls and risk practices that meet compliance with regulatory guidance
- Participates in risk and other management forums and contributes to continuous improvement of risk and project / program management practices.
- Uses analytical and process management skills to identify opportunities to improve risk management processes that transcend the 1st, 2nd and 3rd lines of defense
- Drives rigor in Capital One's technology controls environment including reporting, escalation, and quality control
- Negotiates appropriate issue registration and timely remediation plans where technology controls are found to be ineffective
- Sets direction, manages expectations, and lead cross-functional teams through various initiatives, including oversight of third party resources
- Manages and reviews test work in order to promote continuous enhancements and improvement of technology controls, processes and system capabilities
- Drives automation across the technology controls management program
- Participates in and executes other special projects for the team on a periodic basis
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 10 years of project or process management experience
- At least 10 years of people leadership experience
- Master's Degree
- Proven experience in leading strategic initiatives across large groups
- Exceptional analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills, sound independent judgment and meticulous attention to detail
- Highly effective in rapidly changing environments
- Experience in a regulated environment
- Expert knowledge of technology processes in a cloud environment including emerging technologies
- Lean, Agile, Six Sigma, Business Process Management, or Project management certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top