Senior Director, Software Engineering
11 West 19th Street (22008), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Director, Software Engineering
Do you think about writing beautiful code while eating breakfast? Do you build applications you are proud of and want to tell your friends about? Do you love the idea that your software simplifies business processes and helps companies grow? Do you appreciate elegant solutions, but also knows when to build simple first and iterate?
Capital One is seeking a Sr. Director of Software Engineering to lead, mentor, and build a talented software engineering team focused on delivering game changing client experiences for our Commercial Bank. You will be responsible for imagining, designing, coding and operating next generation highly scalable, highly reliable solutions.
As the technical leader for a growing team of developers coding in agile teams, you'll understand and translate business needs into premiere technology solutions to meet clients' needs through software, while influencing technology decisions across the organization. This is an exciting opportunity to transform culture in a business ready to disrupt the industry, and excited about how cutting edge technology can enable them to scale new heights. Digital is our new ecosystem, and the opportunity to apply these capabilities within the Commercial Bank is tremendous.
In this role, you will need the ability to attract and recruit the industry's best talent, and simultaneously have the technical foundation to ensure that we build compelling, client oriented solutions in an iterative methodology. Bring an innovative mind, a proven track record of delivering new client-facing software products, rigorous analytical skills, and a passion for leading teams to create market-leading software for savvy business clients and you are our fit.
- Manage a broad portfolio of diverse technology teams and projects to provide web, API and integration solutions
- Recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead the best engineering talent
- Collaborate with product, design and engineering leadership to construct a product delivery strategy, reasonable roadmaps, and timelines
- Setting vision for shared capabilities across departments and establish a set of standards and procedures of operation
- Build business-to-business applications that empower clients to succeed
- Navigate the organization as necessary to unblock the team and ensure timely delivery
- Have extensive experience in rapid prototyping and interface design testing
- Have passion for any, all or some of the following technologies: React, AngularJS, Postgres,Java, Ruby, Python,
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 8 years of experience in Software Engineering
- At least 5 years of senior leadership experience, building and managing development teams that design and deliver large distributed systems - ideally in an agile environment
- At least 2 years of experience handling authorization systems
- At least 3 years of experience in developing web applications
- Master's degree
- Experience working within digitally savvy companies
- Experience working with client facing web applications
- Experience working with Intelex
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top