Senior Director of Engineering and Operations
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Director of Engineering and Operations
Capital One is looking for a Senior Director of Enterprise Monitoring Engineering and Operations to join our team. As the leader of the Monitoring team, you will set the technology strategy needed to support our enterprise applications and infrastructure availability on premise & public cloud.
Responsibilities will include:
- As part of an entrepreneurial team you will help shape the future of how Monitoring technology is used in the Enterprise and provides technical leadership and oversight of the engineering and operations team, and related vendors.
- Provide strong technical leadership for instrumentation, aggregation and consumption of enterprise monitoring data and develop custom solutions using Open source tools around MaaS (Monitoring as a Service).
- Partner with line of business stakeholders to understand monitoring needs, aggregate views, and educate them on how to leverage services, as well as providing necessary operational metrics
- Drive improvements in enterprise monitoring and consumption through proofs of concept, R&D, platform/vendor selection and implementation.
- Ability to support negotiations on scope of work as well as manage work with outside vendors / integrators. This includes SOW, MSA, NDA's, along with full financial tracking and defining business benefits.
- Contribute and review solution design: ensure innovation, security, and business requirements are met, while also keeping a keen eye on improving the overall monitoring strategy
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge by researching new technologies and software products, participating in educational opportunities and conferences, and reading professional publications
- You will work closely with a cross-functional team to ensure rapid and accurate resolution of technical challenges by partnering with other internal or supplier teams as needed (e.g. architecture, information security, network, identity management)
- From monitoring product performance to debugging and troubleshooting product code, you will be the leader to addresses customer needs and advocates for it internally.
- Success in this role involves applying your software engineering expertise to lead the timely execution of adapting the Capital One Cloud Strategy and provide solutions to the customer's requirements. You are an active expert/leader in the Monitoring technologies and you strongly believe that you can help any industry build its next generation Monitoring strategy in the Cloud.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, or Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, or Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, or military experience
- At least 6 years of infrastructure and application monitoring
- At least 6 years of managing enterprise monitoring environment
- At least 10 years of experience delivering and managing technical solutions and projects in a technical or management capacity
- At least 2 year of experience in Strategy Development
- At least 5 years of experience in People Management
- Master's Degree in Business, or Master's Degree in Commerce, or Master's Degree in Computer Science, or Master's Degree in Systems Engineering, or Master's Degree in Management of Information Systems, or Master's Degree in Management of Information Technology
- 5+ years of experience in Strategy Development
- 10+ Years of experience in People Management
Capital One will not consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top