Senior Director of Corporate Systems
West Creek 4 (12074), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Director of Corporate Systems
Capital One is looking for a Senior Director of Corporate Systems to join our team. As the leader of the Corporate Technology, you will set the technology strategy needed to support the changing business needs of our partners, and help them achieve their digital goals. In this role, you will advise and support business customers in delivery of technology for Workplace Solutions, Corporate Security, Enterprise Supplier Management, Human Resources, Corporate Reputation and Governance, and more.
- Serve as a trusted adviser and consultant to staff area business leaders. Understand their core business processes, business priorities which can be enhanced through better use of technology. (HR, WPS, Audit, Legal, Corp Security, Brand, Corp Strategy, Corporate Affairs, etc)
- Evaluate new tools, and determine how to pilot and operationalize secure and innovative technology while maximizing the leverage of broader technology investment spend
- Contribute and review solution design: ensure innovation, security, and business requirements are met, while also keeping a keen eye on improving the experience with technology
- Drive the business and technology roadmaps and ensure alignment to the technology strategy and standards
- Drive adoption of Cloud technology and help migrate business applications in our data centers to the Cloud
- Partner with other internal or supplier teams as needed (e.g. architecture, information security, network, identity management)
- Set a high bar for operational excellence and reduction of technical debt.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 10 years of experience delivering and managing technical solutions and projects
- At least 2 years of experience in Strategy Development
- At least 5 years of experience in People Management
- Masters Degree in Business, Commerce, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Management of Information Systems, or Management of Information Technology
- 5+ years of experience with roadmaps, use case creation, strategy development, KPI development, and business partner relationship management
- 5+ years of experience in Strategy Development
- 10+ years of experience in People Management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top